What's new

A Whats It

nyiangelo

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Messages
639
Reaction score
27
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
Would appreciate help in Identifying this one. It has some gold gilt on it I believe, inside and out. It has one small hole which you can see in the picture. No real markings other than that. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1688.webp
    IMG_1688.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_1689.webp
    IMG_1689.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_1690.webp
    IMG_1690.webp
    39.9 KB · Views: 378
Re: Help

Do the two pieces "go" together? If so, can you show a pic of the pieces together? The eagle piece could be a front of a button?? The round cupped thing is a mystery to me. Gold? Where do you see the gold? On both pieces? Sorry, just trying to get a more complete picture so someone here may be able to help you. How did you find the two pieces? Any discovery pics? Were they found close together? Just need a little more info. -Noodle
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help

No the eagle button is just for size comparison. Its a standard issue. You can see the gold tint on the round object in the picture.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help

Have you cleaned it yourself? The bright spot could be anything shiny. Generally gold objects, or even gold-plated, are evenly coated. This doesn't look like an even coating. Can you get some better pics, perhaps? Could be copper maybe? Thanks - Noodle
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help

It's like a gold gilded button. Over time it wears off and if you do any major scrubbing it will come off. You can see the yellowish color is the gold. Where it is darker is where it has come off. I'm sure it is really made of brass or something. On the top view you can still see some of the dirt. I am waiting to use some aluminum jelly on it so I won't scrape off the gold color when cleaning it. I'll see if I can get better pics.
 
Upvote 0
found one many years ago,
I Believe it is a cap for something
the hole is for a Screw or
pin to hold it in place.

Mine was Chrome not Gold
 
Upvote 0
I was reminded of a Cadet or militia button,but hole in side?
Then I thought of a hatpin...It is to short to have been a pole tip,but beyond those impressions,I will just watch&learn.
HH,Mont
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom