What's new

A Word of Warning

Smudge

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2010
Messages
1,532
Reaction score
44
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I did it.

Packed my car the night before to go beach hunting early the next morning.

Got up at 5 am, got my water, and drove nearly an hour to get to the beach.

Opened my trunk...and no sand scoop.

Left it at home.

Can't use a pi detector without one and there was no place to get a replacement.

So I had to turn right around and come home, kicking myself the whole way.

A cautionary word: maybe create a checklist before you leave or double check everything. I wish I had. Now my day is shot. >:(

Don't think I'll make that mistake again for a long, long time.
 
Upvote 0
I know the feeling of forgetting some important piece of gear. Done it more than once too even after I didn't look at the check list I made. We have too many things on our lil minds.
 
Buddy did that a week ago when we headed to the condo... luckily I had a loaner.... Went fishin with a friend and we got all the way to mosquito lagoon, when he couldn't find his keys... in his driveway when we got back... >:(
 
Been there.... Done that! I drove an hour and a half to my beach. Got out of the car, opened the trunk and discovered.... I had left my detector at home! ARGGGGGGGGGG! :'(
 
hee hee hee!...i got the t-shirt as well.....drove 2 hours to go ice fishing, had the bait, auger, food, beer, etc, etc, but wait ? no traps....#^%&**%$#$%^* ..........thank goodness my budies each gave me one trap apiece....in the end we all fished 4 traps instead of five.....a checklist is a good idea...hh
 
I thought you were going to say you forgot your car! :wink: That would have been a sign of a serious psychological problem. M :wink: nty
 
I drove off yesterday forgetting my scoop at home... Lucky for me, I only made it 20 minutes from home before noticing..
Funny how you just KNOW you forgot something, but cant figure out what it was until you get far from home... Maybe it's an age thing.. LOL..
 
Where are my kids????
 
My 3 scoops NEVER leave my truck except the one I am hunting with at the time. All my hunting stuff and change of clothes are kept in a plastic tub so in the morning I just grab the cooler, tub and detectors and off I go
(I keep a spare T shirt and swim trunks under the seat just in case)
been there, done that-never again :icon_thumright:
 
I have a plastic tub that I keep all my equipment in. It has an inventory checklist in side. Scoops and and dectors are hanging next to the tub and have a spot to checked off on the list.
 
;D
i NEVER forget my sand scoop!!
she won't let me go alone!
 
recently spent a hunt w/o my propointer not fun.

last yr drove off leaving my 1500 dollar etrac leaning against a tree.

the 25 min it took me to drive back were the longest of my entire life

but there she still was just as i had left it.

this is how things get LOST.

if not nothing to hunt for.

still sorry for ur trouble :'(
 
God was telling you that it isn't your day to hunt!!
Probably hungry sharks near shore!!!

I think these things happen for a reason!
Be thankful!

Then again. . . . could just be a sign of old age.
 
Smudge,

ROFL, Im sorry but thats hilarious! I can just imagine you staring in the trunk thinking it was going to suddenly appear under a dirty shirt! LOL. Good luck next time, I always got the detector in the right and the scoop in the left when I leave the house and leave the beach. I also never really take the scoop out of the back of the truck. LOL.

CB
 
Piercesdad said:
I have a plastic tub that I keep all my equipment in. It has an inventory checklist in side. Scoops and and dectors are hanging next to the tub and have a spot to checked off on the list.

Best idea.
Leave the dang thing in the trunk!

LOL
 
CRACKBADGER said:
Smudge,

ROFL, Im sorry but thats hilarious! I can just imagine you staring in the trunk thinking it was going to suddenly appear under a dirty shirt! LOL. Good luck next time, I always got the detector in the right and the scoop in the left when I leave the house and leave the beach. I also never really take the scoop out of the back of the truck. LOL.

CB

Oh, its even better than that. I actually packed my car the night before so I wouldn't forget anything!!! :tongue3:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom