A Yuuuuuuge Silver Anchor....

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
....To A Piss-Ant

I got a early start today to beat the heat. My first stop was a church that I've hunted several times before. I wanted to see if my Racer 2 could unearth some more treasures that my other detectors had missed. Nothing much was left so I headed to my first permission, a small front yard of a 1953 home. No silver coins there but I did manage to find a silver anchor with the Racer 2.

A curious neighbor came out all in a huff to check me out. She wanted to know what I was doing and if I had permission to be in her neighbor's yard. Long story short, I'm lined up to detect her yard now.

On my way to my second permission I past a large corner lot that I've detected before and remembered that the owner said that her 9 year old great grandson was going spend the weekend with her and he was interested in metal detecting.

I knocked on the door to see if he was there. He was thrilled to follow me around and watch me recover targets. I switched over to the F75DST because the grass was pretty deep and the only search coil that I had for the Racer 2 was the small NEL Snake search coil.

All I was finding was clad coins and wheat pennies which I gave to the kid. Come to find out the house next door was his grandfather's home which we easily got permission to detect. I found a bunch of wheat pennies and clad coins before I finally got the search coil over a 1943 Mercury Dime. Hot and wore out, I decided to call it a day and head for home.

This was my 75th hunt for the year and my silver coin total for the year now stands at 206.

tabman

F75DST Mercury - Silver Anchor 002.JPG

F75DST Mercury - Silver Anchor 004.JPG

F75DST Mercury - Silver Anchor 008.JPG

F75DST Mercury - Silver Anchor 005.JPG

Upvote 12
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tabman you are killing it this year! let us go for 300 silvers this season! :occasion14:

Kwillie

May 28, 2016
Galveston Tx
Detector(s) used
Teknetics D 4000
Minelab excalibur II
Minelab go find 20
Garrett AT Pro.
Garrett ATX Deepseeker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anchors away tab man. I'm prior U.S. Navy kinda partial to them. That barber dime sure is pretty.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bodacious finds & congrats to you (206 silvers for the year unbelievable) - what a way to get a bunch of permissions, anyway thank you for sharing your pictures & story of your finds with us & I wish you many more while out dirt fishin.

Texas ED

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know about anyone else but I never get tired of Washingtons, Roosies, and Mercs. Each one gets more exciting than the last!! Lol

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another great day, congrats on the 2 silvers :occasion14: and spending time with the lad, who went home with a pocket full of clad.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tabman you are killing it this year! let us go for 300 silvers this season! :occasion14:
Thanks! I'll be extremely lucky to get 300 silver for the year. This Summer heat sucks!

Surprised you didn't miss the anchor!
I thought is was going to be a deep dime with the audio response that I got, but it turned out to be the tiny anchor at around 2 to 3 inches deep.

Anchors away tab man. I'm prior U.S. Navy kinda partial to them. That barber dime sure is pretty.
Thanks! I was happy to find the anchor.

Bodacious finds & congrats to you (206 silvers for the year unbelievable) - what a way to get a bunch of permissions, anyway thank you for sharing your pictures & story of your finds with us & I wish you many more while out dirt fishin.

Texas ED
Thanks! People don't shoot you for asking for permission to detect their yards.

I don't know about anyone else but I never get tired of Washingtons, Roosies, and Mercs. Each one gets more exciting than the last!! Lol
I still get thrill when I pop one of them, but finding a gold ring, older coin or a big silver coin gets me really excited.

Another great day, congrats on the 2 silvers :occasion14: and spending time with the lad, who went home with a pocket full of clad.
Thanks! For 8 years old that kid was super smart. He had good manners as well. After talking to his great grandmother and his grandfather who lives next door, I know were he got his smarts and manners from.

Congrats on the silver anchor and merc
Thanks! I had good time.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread