AA rechargeable batteries

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm getting bored hangin around doing nothing. I was thinking of a bit more voltage using a higher than normal power rechargeable AA batteries for my Dual Field if that is possible without over loading the electronics. I'm sure someone will provide some knowledgeable recommendation. Does more voltage offer more detection depth?. The East Facing Atlantic Ocean beach has visible black sand here and there so I'll leave the Nox at home. I've never found any rings there but I did find some ones 10KT crown once. It is unfortunate, but because of White sharks feasting on seals within close proximity to the shoreline many people myself included are reluctant to venture out too far during trips to the beach. Scenery, fresh saltwater air and some exercise make it all worthwhile though

Reactions: OBN
Upvote 1

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
The Whites Df is voltage regulated so higher voltage will not help on depth. The Whites TDI Beach Hunter, yes.. more voltage the deeper it hits.

OP
OP
S

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN,
Thanks. It's disappointing that Garrett won't continue making the TDI. If they could make it truly water proof with a non floating coil they'd have a contender

Reactions: OBN

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread