AARP?

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
Truer words were never spoken and I'm sure all seniors rich and poor are behind it.

AARP CEO Barry Rand said today, “We cannot continue to let insurers price older Americans out of the market, just as we cannot stand idle while millions of seniors are forced to choose between their groceries and their prescriptions. AARP is proud to endorse the Affordable Health Care for America Act and the Medicare Physician Payment Reform Act, and we urge members of the House to pass this critical package in the coming days to help fix our broken health care system.”

Don't forget seniors being forced to go to other countries to get medicine.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,278302.0.html

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Let's also not forget that AARP also makes a pantload of money from selling supplemental insurance to seniors, and stands to make a whole lot more off of old farts when Obammy and Pelosi cut medicare benefits to the geezer crowd. Sort of looks like AARP is selling it's members out in the name of profit. Change you can believe in.... Gpurs...

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
piggy said:
Truer words were never spoken and I'm sure all seniors rich and poor are behind it.

AARP CEO Barry Rand said today, “We cannot continue to let insurers price older Americans out of the market, just as we cannot stand idle while millions of seniors are forced to choose between their groceries and their prescriptions. AARP is proud to endorse the Affordable Health Care for America Act and the Medicare Physician Payment Reform Act, and we urge members of the House to pass this critical package in the coming days to help fix our broken health care system.”

Don't forget seniors being forced to go to other countries to get medicine.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,278302.0.html

Please, let us not forget that Seniors have had these troubles for years. I have seen it first hand in Physical Therapy since I first started pratice in 1995. It was the same problems for years before. It is convenient that all of a sudden the insurers are pricing older Americans out of the market. For those of you who believe that this CEO has not sold out his constituency for a health plan that advocates letting panels decide the fate of those seniors and undesirables they consider "A financial liability to the system", a plan that will rape Medicare of 40% of it's funds, I have a Bridge in London for sale, cheeeeep!!!!!! The AARP considers it's members sheep, and is pushing them to the slaughter. It is disgraceful. CEO Barry Rand should be tarred and feathered for picking on my Mom!!!!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been gettin stuff from them for the last 5 years. I don't never get sick or have any medical problems, which I spect will all fall down on me on one day and I''ll drop dead. What I want to know is where can I get that cap that says 'Senior Citizen, Gimme my damn disount!'.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
I been gettin stuff from them for the last 5 years. I don't never get sick or have any medical problems, which I spect will all fall down on me on one day and I''ll drop dead. What I want to know is where can I get that cap that says 'Senior Citizen, Gimme my damn disount!'.

Try here.

http://shop.cafepress.com/senior-citizen

Scott

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Don't know they started
Mailing me their trash when I Hit 50.
I Kept shipping it Back in their
Postage Paid Envelopes Telling them I was 16 :tongue3:

They finally took me off their List.

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
oldgoat said:
Sorry 21st, they sold your bridge a few years ago, it is now in Arizona... :laughing7:

No, No. I know it is not in Arizona, because that is where I have my Ocean front property! Guess what? If anyone(not speaking of you oldgoat) out there believes that Barry Rand, CEO of AARP, has not sold all members of AARP down the river on this farce of a healthcare deal, That property in Arizona along with the Bridge in London, and another in Brooklyn NY, are all for sale Cheeeeeeep!!!! You will not be able to beat the deal I will give on these properties. My realestate company BEATUM. CHEATAM, and HOWE are closely affiliated with current and past White House Administrations and Congress. You could say this company has been the backbone of our Government for quite some time and has a inside line on helping average American become prosperous through land deals. Hey, Beatum, Cheatum, and Howe were highly instrumental in the land dealings between the Government and the Indians and look how well that jewel of a deal turned out. ( for the Government, not the Indians.). Yep-er, comon down and let me fix you up with some prime realestate, Cheeeeep!! Of course this is only if you are buying the Healthcare scam. Disclaimer: No rational, intelligent, logical, realist types allowed. :evil5:

treetop

Jul 30, 2005
Madisonville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro
You are so right .they have sold us out.Here I am 71 years old and when I or my wife cant buy Obamas insurance from not having the money. I Guess I will have to go to jail. as I sure could not pay their fine. The same as with a lot of people who thinks it is going to be free that wanted it passed. You will see different then.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Write something profane on the AARP crap and send it back to them....their cost, their envelope.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
25 years ago, AARP was ok. They had lots of goodies for old-timers. My folks, now in their 80s, joined and even participated in their insurance program. Alas, however, their premiums went up higher and higher and higher, even higher than other programs with other companies, and finally my folks dropped AARP, too high.

Not sure where their loyalties lie, except in the LIBERAL community, but I'm 62 and will NOT be participating in any of their programs. Of course, they say any drop-outs will not reduce their income by more than 3%, since they have such a large following.

AARP, keep following the liberals and dems and unions. When or if you finally come back to support the retirees of this country, you may or may not find any followers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions