🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks. Went to the abandoned 1891 house with the older cellar hole on the property. Hit an 1876 Vicky LC right off the hop. Also got a pewter spoon bowl and my first buffalo nickle. Got a roached George III copper and the find of the day....it was encrusted in a layer of burnt soil. Took forever to pick it off, and when I did, I could see bare copper. Would have been mint when it was dropped! Anyways, I couldn't figure out what kind of coin it was. Felt like a British penny...George III maybe...NOPE! It's a counterstamped 1794 Scottish Inverness half penny!!! Hopefully I can work more detail out of it! Thanks for looking and HH

Last edited:
Upvote 13
Congrats on the nice digs, you found a nice locations.:thumbsup:

See your at it again Doc,nice relics,vanzutphen

nice recoveries

Thanks folks. Very stoked to have that counterstamped conder token!

Appears to have 2 counterstamps ? one with a "N", and another with "IN"
IN any case pretty cool.
How long did you stay today ? Thinking there is much there, but maybe conditions (veg.) are getting ahead of you.

Great relics and coins:icon_thumright:

Appears to have 2 counterstamps ? one with a "N", and another with "IN"
IN any case pretty cool.
How long did you stay today ? Thinking there is much there, but maybe conditions (veg.) are getting ahead of you.

There are 4 counterstamps in total and they are all 'AN' I stayed for about 2 hours. Not only are the conditions getting ahead of me, the black flies are too! Wicked! I was talking to the owner today and he is contemplating having the house bulldozed in the fall :(

Love that counter stamped coin….WTG!

Thanks dude!

Nice finds RM! :occasion14:
Love the verdigris on the Vickie LC!

Dave

Really nice hunt. That place looks old, I suggest coming there again as soon as you can. I love the patina of the one cent.

Ok thank you! Good eye!!

That counterstamped coin takes the prize! Nice that you are able to identify the base coin as well!

That counterstamped coin takes the prize! Nice that you are able to identify the base coin as well!

I emailed a professional on the matter, and here is an excerpt from that email

This example is a bit better than most seen, in that it is so early and on an unusual host coin. The bar-punch "AN" MAY be a silversmith or other -smith, in which case it "might" be identifiable. In the case of c/m, a unique piece (like yours), is of LESS value than one where several are known, as several implies some organization and thought into using it as advertising. A unique piece is most likely a test example, to try out the newly purchased mark. An interesting piece.

Thanks IH. I appreciate it!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back