Abandoned Houses yield Steady Silver

PGHDigger

Jan 3, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Things are getting busy at work now that the apple trees are about to blossom... I don't have nearly as much time to detect or post now... But I am still managing to get out for an hour or two here and there... Last week I managed to get out 4 times for about an hour or two each time...

I have been focusing my energy on two houses, both on my street and both abandoned... They were built in the 1890s... The first one is a brick house... The backyard produced a few dollars in clad, a few metal buttons including what could be my first flat button... I dug about a dozen wheaties including a 1910... Then when I thought I wasn't going to find silver - I dug a nice Roosevelt dime...

The next day I did the front of this house... The front yard was a little less exciting... Lots of tabs and can slaw... Three wheaties and then a solid silver hit... Turned out to be a Washington quarter...

The next house is a wooden Victorian that is now vacant because of a tragic murder that occurred in the house... I did the backyard a few weeks ago only finding wheaties and a sterling butter knife... I have spent two days in the tiny front yard so far... Lots of aluminum... Lots of tabs... Not a single wheatie yet... But on day one I got a walking half... And on day two I got a Mercury dime...

It's absolutely pouring here right now... No work today... Waiting for the rain to end to hopefully get out swinging for a few hours today... Also getting a little bored detecting by myself... I may go looking for detecting friends when the weather gets a little nicer...

image.jpeg

This puts me at 62 silvers so far for 2016

Upvote 14

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
That's an awesome count on silver coins! Grats to ya and thanks for sharing. HH ALL

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very fine collection of silvers! Keep up the good work! :occasion14:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You sure do pull many silvers in P-Town. Congrats and keep them coming. :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread