exteriors.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 506

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Now were the heck are all the ghosts.... going to go?

OP
OP
R

rommelvon

Jul 21, 2007
There is a movie called session 9 that is filmed at this place, good movie, very creepy...I still love to metal detect there tho ;D

R

robert roy

Gee, I wonder if you will find any Nuts.......and bolts laying around in the ground!

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mental hospital,those places make me crazy

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Hello Everyone. This location is North of Boston as I live South of Boston. It was an old State Mental Hospital managed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. I believe it is still State Property and hasn't been sold to a developer yet. They have guards up there to keep people off the property so you wouldn't be able to detect. Anything managed by the State is off limits.

We have a very nice group of Islands that are managed by the State and supposedly some pirate treasure is on them with great sandy beaches. You can go out and camp overnight on some of them but no metal detecting. If you get caught you are fined and can possibly lose your machine. Great History in this area but most all is controlled by the Commonwealth of Mass or the Dept of Parks and Recreation. Can only hope for permission on some old private property or public beaches.

Thanks for Posting
HH Roy

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
It wouldn't hurt to try and ask.

Anything you find can go to a museum of sort, as part of the history of that place or city or state.

I would try....

And I believe, if not mistaken, that place was also featured in one of those ghost story documentaries (if that's what you want to call it....about several places...being haunted.) Not sure if I got the right one or not....but I know it was up North...just can't remember where....

Anyways, I would really try to see if I could detect, but I'd take a buddy, just incase a spirit or two wants to stop you ;) from finding their treasures!!!

Really neat place....I love places like that...so much history...so little time!!!

Happy Hunting,
Annmarie

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
sucks they tore it down... another peice of history going to be turned into a condo or some other cookie cutter box...

as far as detecting..
security guards dont get paid well. drop by after work with some cold soda, your detector in the car and talk to the guard. figure a way to drop him a $10 bill or something for his troubles.

i know i'd pay $10 to hunt that place.

Rowdy

Jun 11, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6
rommelvon said:
There is a movie called session 9 that is filmed at this place, good movie, very creepy...I still love to metal detect there tho ;D

That is one of the few movies I've ever seen that gave me nightmares!!! :o

carpetbagger

Sep 4, 2006
Rock Hill S.C
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / Whites XLT / Garrett Ace 250
I can be one of the meanist S.O.B'S around, I dont cry and dont tick me off. But put me in front of a scary movie and I'm sucking my thumb and asking my wife to go to bed with me bc I'm scared of the dark.

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
There is a former Pysch. hospital 8 minutes from my house.It was used from 1890's to 1980's,and still a few a couple buildings in use.Most date from 30's.You can detect it and I have a number of times.My finds a few wheaties and a lot of JUNK.I was really surprised at no silver and the huge amount of trash.You never know.

able_walker

Jun 25, 2007
Just a suggestion on places like this that are destined to become work sites or are abandoned with a ramshackle fence around them.I work in the Construction equipment business and once you put a safety vest and a hardhat on nobody ever questions why you are on the site,they just assume you have a right to be there.If someone questions you you can always say you are looking for old electrical lines or pipes,if they question further you can always say you'll get something in writing from the developer and come back.I'm sure this could work in all kinds of places,no hardhat needed in most cases just one of those nice surveyors vests,nice and official looking.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Able Walker, bottle diggers have twist on that too: they say "just looking for a waterline", etc.... About the only person on a job-site, after hours, that would know any different, would be the top foreman. But of course, they cut out at 5pm, so ...... you know :-*

Here is CA a "Cat key" gets into a lot of old-town demo sites. And if it's a combo lock, a way to get the combo is to waltz by during the day, when the lock is hanging there open. Odds are, the person who opens the lock in the AM, leaves the #s on the dials. That way, they can just push it back shut at the end of the day, and spin the #s after they shackle it ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread