New user armed with an Excal ! lol

Jul 30, 2007
Greetings to the board warriors here.

Recently picked up an Excal 1000 from KellyCo ( can't praise them enough for cust service )
and am in the process of learning it before I venture out to the beach to play.

Will go bury a variety of objects in the yard to go listen to if I can ever get the mosquitoes
to leave me alone long enough :)

If anyone roams the Galveston, TX area ( actually live in Dickinson, TX ) and spots the
newbie ( me ) doing something wrong, please let him know ! :) Of course, considering
the clarity of the water in Galveston, I could probably walk over an entire CAR and not
see it. . . .

lol

-Kev

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
welcome to the forum! im no where near texas but im sure you will find a lot with that excaliber! just be patient and learn the machine well. and dont forget to post your finds! ;)

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
I just purchased one myself and should receive it next week. I hear alot of good things about the excal.

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
It is a great machine and you'll love it. Don't expect to master it the first time out, though. couple quick tips... run the volume 3/4 to full, turn the threshhold so you can just hear a steady tone, run auto or just off auto on sens, disc around 11 o'clock.

take the time to learn that machine well. Don't be afraid to throw some coins in your backyard and run the coil over them to learn the tones. When you start out, dig everything until you can predict what you're pulling up. Then you can start trusting yourself more and passing on the "junk"

good luck
steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread