Abominable Snow Man! or just plain Crazy?

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Here I sit, with a big ol' sheepish grin on my face. My fingers are still warming up so my typing is slow and I'm making lots of typos. After the annual Christmas decoration defrocking.. taking down and putting away all the Holiday decorations, I talked my wife into taking a little drive. It was COLD out here in Lexington Kentucky today, and it was nearing dusk.. even more so with the cloudy overcast hanging over us. I had wanted to drive by a couple of parks to check them out before my next metal detecting outing. That was the thinking anyway.. <grin> I *did* have the Prizm in the trunk of the car and well.. I just happened to go by a grade school that I have had my eye on for a while. Rolling her eyes, my wife said "Go on.. I'll wait in the car." <BIG CHEESY GRIN> I parked the car and strapped on my knee pads, finds bag and gloves, grabbed my Prizm and "hopped to it".
Picture twilight.. or near to it.. with wind blown snow.. snow dusted playground equipment and woodchips. Just call me Nanook. <grin> I didn't actually find much, just a handfull of clad, but it was a chance to get out of the house and detect a little bit.. and it *WAS* my first hunt of the new year. <giggle> Yeah.. I must be crazy. 23 degrees F. with a windchill of near 4 degrees. YIKES!
Needless to say the hunt wasn't very long today.. besides the cold, the light was fading and I knew not to test my darling's patience too much. So We headed home.
Here is a picture of my finds today.. and a picture of some of the finds I made the day before yesterday that I didn't post.. the last hunt of '07. Enjoy

First finds \'08.jpg

last hunt finds for \'07.jpg

Happy Hunting Everyone !!!

Frodov

Upvote 0

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
BDD has you beat...we detected in 7 degree weatha with a -12 degree windchill. ;) :D

Your wife must be very supportive. Keep the passion high!

BDD...Kirk

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
whats under the rifle casing ? copper pipe ? not bad for a few hours of fun.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO, I don't think you are crazy ;D

But, I have also heard that if you are crazy you don't know it. :-\ Also, asking a crazy person if you are crazy could skew the answer a bit. :o On the other hand you probably have five fingers. ;D Abominable Snow Men rarely know how to type and you are quite good at it. ;).... Hmmmmmm, Carry on Yeti Sir.

Just in case.... try this http://www.shavemyyeti.com/

Oh, nice finds for a cold day. Happy new year and best of luck hunting this year.

DANGLANGLEY

tommyd

Dec 12, 2006
YOUNGSTOWN OHIO
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
damned frodo ! u kicked arse out there.
its spose to get around 45 here this weekend (ohio)
maybe i will get of my can and get out there too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread