Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been hunting an area that I have nicknamed "Chestnut Grove" As the Silver in The Grove stopped flowing, I decided to move north. Out of 7 Northern Hunts, I recovered 8 Silver coins and a .925 ring. Of course things started to slow down and it was time to move again. There are 2 other guys who know the exact location of where I am hunting. One has hunted it with me and the other grew up in the neighborhood. The fellow treasure hunter who grew up in the neighborhood is the guy who originally gave me some info on "Chestnut Grove" He was on the money or should I say Silver.
Yesterday, he suggested that I go south instead of north. I said why not. So today I hunted south of the Grove.
Upon arrival I realized that I had previously hunted the particular area I stopped at. However, that was 3 years ago and I didn't have the
E-Trac then.
Within the first 2 hours I recovered 3 Silver Dimes. After a lull in Silver Signals,, I decided to break for lunch. I contemplated changing spots but decided to go over the area again. There were a lot of Iron signals. I have had numerous recoveries of Silver Coins that were being masked by Iron, so I decided to investigated the IFFY signal. I have to tell you I dug a ton of big Iron. Well maybe not a ton but quite a bit. The good news is that I managed to add 3 more Silvers to the tally. My final and 7th Silver Dime of the day came in just like a penny. Deep and nothing to make me think "Silver". A steady 12 - 41.
At 7 inches I recovered a Mercury that was sitting alone in the hole. Nothing else that would maybe throw the signal off. You just never know. This Unscheduled Re-Visit has me thinking about quite a few places that I haven't taken the E - Trac to.
My finds for the day were: 9q, 15d, 7n, 30 memorials, 11 Wheat Pennies, (29, 44, 45(2), 46d, 47, 52d, 55, 56, and 2 no dates), 5 Mercury Dimes, (26, 27, 36, 42, & 43), and 2 Silver Rosies, (46 & 64).
I also recovered 2 rabies Vaccination Tags, a key, a piece of a bar of solder and a lot of brass.
My Silver Coin Total for 2015 is now 122 Silver coins.

IMG_1481.JPG IMG_1482.JPG IMG_1480.JPG IMG_1484.JPG IMG_1483.JPG IMG_1485.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 19

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the awesome silver day. :occasion14: I think it's great that you are going to take your e-Trac out and reopen some of your older hunting grounds. Good Luck and hope you continue to pull those silvers amongst the iron. :hello2:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you need a Deus.:thumbsup:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great revisit with the Etrac, it pays off to dig the iffy signals sometimes. I'm looking at the iron pile and see that I'm not the only one that digs the bent nails, the machine really seems to like them. Congrats on the silvers and all the other coinage, I even see a rein guide in the mix.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great revisit with the Etrac, it pays off to dig the iffy signals sometimes. I'm looking at the iron pile and see that I'm not the only one that digs the bent nails, the machine really seems to like them. Congrats on the silvers and all the other coinage, I even see a rein guide in the mix.

Most machines 'like' iron loops, a bent nail is half a loop. They just sound a bit better than a straight nail, enough to investigate. (although a some point they all get cleaned off good sites)

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt, congrats on the silvers.

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
" Against the iron, I'm hunting against the iron.
In the older places..I'm still hunting, against the iron"

OP
OP
against the wind

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
His profile shows he has a DEUS :)
Thanks Jedi,,
I'm not going to bash any manufacturer or machine. I have had the Deus since February. Took it out 3 times. The first hunt turned up a Mercury Dime and 2 Indian Head Pennies., as well as a load of pennies. It doesn't come with a stock program that will blank out steel bottle caps. The parks in the north east are loaded with steel bottle caps. There is a seminar by Andy Sabisch in October that hopefully will address this problem. If it doesn't, , the.Deus goes on the market.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the big silver day!:occasion14:

Digging the iffy signals usually pays in a keeper for me, "you gotta dig them all, you never know"

Regards,

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
7 silvers...great day!

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
7 Silver GREAT DAY !!! Congrats !! I never get sick of finding Merc Dimes. Your silver count for the year is impressive !! Enjoy !! HH

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread