ACE 100 mods ??

CRAZY-TEXICAN

Jun 15, 2009
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP , Minelab Musketeer modified , Tesoro Bandido II micromax , Garrett Groundhog , D-Tex Koin King BFO
My ACE 250 needs a new coil so its sitting for now, i decided to get an ACE 100 since it was CHEAP! , anyhow, so far it gets better depth than my 250 did when new , is there a way to mod this so i can change the coil to a smaller or bigger one like the 250 ?? or will they not even work??

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
The coils aren't interchangeable, and they are tuned to different frequencies. I am surprised that your ACE 100 gets superior depth in the same soil as the ACE 250? Of course the coils aren't equal, so one might work better (deeper) under different conditions.

OP
OP
CRAZY-TEXICAN

CRAZY-TEXICAN

Jun 15, 2009
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP , Minelab Musketeer modified , Tesoro Bandido II micromax , Garrett Groundhog , D-Tex Koin King BFO
Well i decided to take it to the park and also did a depth test on my "test patch" , it would only detect a Quarter at 6" but not the Nickel or Dime.. I did a couple of "adjustments" to it and now it detects all 3 coins at 6 inches :) .. I love how this detector eliminates iron , i have it set right on the "Nickel" setting and so far i have not pulled any iron junk with it , i did however got a lot of pull tabs ::) , but if i want to find some gold i guess i have to dig those pesky pull tabs also :laughing9: ..

A.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread