What's new

ACE 150 VS Compadre?

cstraiton

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2009
Messages
56
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Flatwoods, Kentucky
If you only had around $150.00 to spend on your first MD and didn't want to buy a used one, which one would you buy? The Garrett Ace 150 or the Tesoro Compadre? Which one would perform better in moderate soil with little mineralization?
 
I guess that I should also add that TID is nice and all, but what is more important to me is which one would find deeper targets? I also am aware of the better warranty of the Tesaro.
 
The Tesoro is the winner here.
 
I bought a compadre for my daughter.Ive used this detector and am very impressed by it .Its great for trashy areas because of the small coil size. When we go out in the field I use a minelab sov.xs and checked good signals with the compadre.It hit the 1819 large cent i found with the minelab.Ive found loads of clad change with the compadre.Its simple to use, one knob operation and is sensitive to small good targets. I hunt with confidence when i use it cause it does really work great. Its breaks down easily to fit in a backpack and has long battery life. Its definately not a toy.
 
compadre all the way!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom