Ace 250/350 used on TV Show

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I refuse to Watch SPIKE TV

I used that child thing on my DVR to block the channel

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found it on National Geographic actually, some of their finds look far too good to be true......

i'll have to watch for a rerun thanks

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks MrShulz..Have to catch the next one. Next Airing: WED NOV 14 9:30AM ET

SPOILER ALERT

He used the Metal Detector in the house, and it beeped like every 5 seconds then suddenly he switched it to coin only, and the found it under the carpet when kids lost it. Obviously setup for entertainment.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are clips of the show on the NatGeo website. In a couple of those clips you can see him pull a CW kepi, and cartridge box from between the joists in a basement, and they are nice and clean, another one he pulls a CW musket from behind the water heater with a bayonet. That rifle looked like it was brand new.

I'm calling BS on it.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My detectors don't work in the house. EMI, nails, ductwork all interfere.

The kid using the Ace 250/350 said he was getting a different signal directing him to an area of carpet along a wall. Also, along the wall, less than 6 inches above the floor, a length of the wall metal heating element. Of course the coin was found right where the detector indicated! So, my take? I'm gonna have to add an Ace 250/350 to the stable so I can do in house detecting!!!!

Seriously, the show is a complete set up. Not only is there is no way any detector would have been readable under those conditions, no one leaves behind items worth tens of thousands of dollars. While in this episode the home's owner told the contractors that there was a rare coin "Lost" in the house even that was unbelievable. The owner said he let his son play with the coin.OK, you let your son play with a rare coin worth thousands of dollars? Who does that? Not even even the rich and stupid do that.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...and let's not forget the "priceless", certified sports memorabilia they found in the basement of a house that had suffered a fire. I didn't see any evidence of any water, fire or smoke damage in that basement.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Some of these shows, like Pawn Stars and American Pickers are good if no other reason than they teach people how to negotiate. While some aspects of those shows are set up i believe some of the negotiation is real.

A show on Discovery called Fast and Loud definately not a set up as the garage owner star of the show has lost money on several projects featured on the show.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions