Ace 250 good for silver??

SeattleHistoryNut

Dec 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am looking to buy my first detector and after much research and help from many of you the Garrett Ace 250 is in the front running. I want to primarily aim for Silver, (as i'm assuming most people do) and want to know if the Ace 250 is proficient in Silver! If so, that'll be the detector for me!
If not, is there anything else in the same general price range that would be better for silver?
Thanks all!

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Ive found many..... Read my profile...However they all find silver!Its a good little detector ....you will like it!

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Finding silver is a matter of location. I have found over 20 mercs with my 250, but that was in an old forgotten park that was just recently being rejuvenated (grass being mowed). Location, location, location.

-Swartzie

j.dean

Dec 6, 2006
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's V3I, Garrett's AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
almost any detector will find silver it's more about the discrimination on non silver items that is important. I owned this unit as a backup and it was a great de tector, especially for the price. if you're just getting started and don't know if you're gonna like the hobby this is the detector for you.

dbennett7

Aug 7, 2011
the ace 250 is a good machine but remember it is a entry level detector the others that are telling you about locations is the cold hard truth your hunting site has more to do with your sucsess tha the detector itself my grandson 11 years old has just found his first barber dime in a park that has been hunted alot so yes it can be agood detector for silver good luck in the future dennis

Alienson

Nov 15, 2011
Austin, Texas, area
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As I was buying a detector within the last month, the dealer recommended the 250, and I was going that route. But on the Garrett home page I found a chart that compared the attributes of the models 250, 350 and the AT Pro. In checking what I wanted in a relatively low-cost machine against the price difference between the 250 and the 350, I opted for the extra dollars for the 350 as its increased abilities seemed well worth the difference. I've not been sorry.

flagold

Aug 3, 2004
For an entry level detector, the Ace tested reasonably well on silver, and discriminates well. It doesn't have the numerical readout of the higher end detectors, but doesn't have the cost either.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread