ACE 250, PRIZM IV or neither

mr.cyclopede

Oct 2, 2005
France
Hello

I'm brand new on this forum, and brand new in detection too

I'm searching for a machine of course for beginners, but with enough potential to follow my progression for a while.
The main use will to explore my own lands and look for relics. I live in France, in a region very rich in historical remains (from neolithic, to middle-age via gallo-roman) near Orleans (Not NEW ORLEANS !!!).
Soil here is a mix of clay and sediments with flints.

I've preselected ACE 250 and Prizm IV; Am I right. Can I expect to cover the first 10 inches of the soil and what size of objects can I pretend to detect at this deph ?

You may wonder why I'm connected to an American website, it's just because you're very active, and because most of the detectors manufacturers are in your country.
As EURO is very expensive, I expect to use the rate of change and command the machine directly in the US

Hope my french nationality will help me be forgiven for language mistakes !

Thanks to everyone

Upvote 0

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cyclo,
I have an ACE 250 and I think it's great machine. However, I don't dig many targets from as deep as 10 inches. The scale on the ace only goes to 8 inches... Most of the coins I dig are no deeper then 6 inches. If it's a big target the ace will pick it up. I dug a soda can from over a foot deep. one time I found a chunk of metal about the size of mans hand at like 16 to 18 inches. If the soil is right you Might find a quarter sized target in the 8 to 12 inch range. The Ace is a great detector that is light weight and easy to learn.

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
I believe that either of those will serve your intents and purposes, although I am not sure if you will get the depth that you want. That mostly depends on the type of target and the soil conditions.

Good Luck!!! :D

OP
OP
M

mr.cyclopede

Oct 2, 2005
France
Thanks for answers

For Vito, do you think of another model you could advise me

More precisely, do you think that it's reasonnable hoping to find a model for the use I want to do in a budget of maximum $300 (For a new model, but I don't reject to buy a second hand if a seller is ready for an internationnal payment and shipping)?

Mr. Morbid

Sep 9, 2005
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Kermit said:
Cyclo,
I have an ACE 250 and I think it's great machine. However, I don't dig many targets from as deep as 10 inches. The scale on the ace only goes to 8 inches... Most of the coins I dig are no deeper then 6 inches. If it's a big target the ace will pick it up. I dug a soda can from over a foot deep. one time I found a chunk of metal about the size of mans hand at like 16 to 18 inches. If the soil is right you Might find a quarter sized target in the 8 to 12 inch range. The Ace is a great detector that is light weight and easy to learn.

I also agree about the Ace 250... Its a very easy machine to learn and play around with... I also must add you should buy the best quality machine you can afford financially... The Ace 250 has a ton of features found on high priced detectors on a beginner level priced machine... Its light weight, and fun to learn...

OP
OP
M

mr.cyclopede

Oct 2, 2005
France
Thanks for everyone

Here I am, I've bought a recent second hand ACE 250 here in France
I found it via Ebay, it's still under warranty for 2 years and in fact it's in a kit box including a pinponter v2 automax, a coil cover and bag and many tools for dugging

I know, the purchase might have looked a little bit hurried, but the occasion was here and.... I couldn't resist !!!

Vito, I understand your post, another ACE seller here in france told me the same thing. Problem is, to where I can understand, that there seems to be a big step (in price)before this range of model and the one I'd like to offer me. (from $200 to $800 or $1000).

Whatever, irreversibility is not relative, and I think I'll enjoy the model at least for a few months !

Mr. Morbid

Sep 9, 2005
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
You can always upgrade once you get the hang of how your machine works too... Personally I was gonna go with the Prizm V but I've heard so many good things about the Ace 250... And its features for an entery level machine that I couldent pass it by... Besides that its a Garrett and those are American made and I'm a sucker for American made products... But anyway you made a good choice I know I did...

A

ARCOMANDPURPLE

mr.cyclopede said:
Thanks for everyone

Here I am, I've bought a recent second hand ACE 250 here in France
I found it via Ebay, it's still under warranty for 2 years and in fact it's in a kit box including a pinponter v2 automax, a coil cover and bag and many tools for dugging

I know, the purchase might have looked a little bit hurried, but the occasion was here and.... I couldn't resist !!!

Vito, I understand your post, another ACE seller here in france told me the same thing. Problem is, to where I can understand, that there seems to be a big step (in price)before this range of model and the one I'd like to offer me. (from $200 to $800 or $1000).
HI Cyclopede,whats your location in France ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions