LOL run it near you shoes, or in my case boots. I bumped mine up to 4 or 5 bars and without realizing I was catching my boot, on my out swing.....Id get excited hearing a sound only to go back over it and dead silence. it was driving me crazy. Finally I figured it out.....treasure was always just under my boot.....UUUHHHHDDDDUUUUHHHHHH But I had a good laugh. I use to hunt on 4 but would have false readings or the item was just a bit deeper. I got tired of digging 8" deep holes and coming up with nada. So I took a members advice and bumped it down to 3 which works well here in central jersey. When ever its really dry out I try adding a bar. But always have to kick it back down.
Good luck with your Ace, Your finding coins thats the key!! The good stuff will come, If you want to be certain you don't miss anything...Dig it all....lol