ace 350

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Fuzz!
I was recently in your position as well, and after VERY EXTENSIVE research (including surfing this forum) it seemed to me that most people are in favor of the fisher f2 or teknetics delta 4000 over the ace series. They have much faster recovery and response speed, target Id numbers, and are very lightweight. Although the ace series detectors are very nice, their recovery and response speeds are lacking and their depths are approximately the same as the fisher f2 and delta 4k. I would also look at the teknetics eurotek pro. It is teknetics's latest machine and it is designed for the tough soil conditions found in Europe. It's supposed to be an absolute boss, especially with the 11in DD coil. I hope this helps!
C4C

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you can save just a little more cash ..I was recently in your position as well, and after VERY EXTENSIVE ! research.go with the AT PRO you will be so happy you did ...you can call Bart from Big boys hobbies .com ... he will give you the best price ...it will blow your mind how cheep he can sell the AT PRO.....take a look at my videos on youtube ..the link is at the bottom of this message ...I have dug targets 10" down .. I just dug a 1917 half dollar 10" down ...and my oldest coin ever a 1787 copper 9" down.... ..........the ACE 350 doe's not have ground balance .....you are going to miss deep targets in some ground types ..and NO target ID # ...NO tone roll..NO proportional audio ... slower recovery speed ..annoying bell tone sound ...you will be digging way more trash....some people like to dig everything .. some parks are way to trashy for me ...I like to hunt in the rain so the AT being water proof is cool to ....if you get the ACE 350 in a short time you will want more ...

OP
OP
F

fuzz

Tenderfoot
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok sweet thanks buys but i have a ? to ur respones i live in the moutains and hills areas so would the at pro be ideal in these areas

recentlycured

Jun 28, 2013
I have not used the other machines but I have the delta 4000 a d I can say I am thrilled with it....its my first but have read alot about people who have soent three times as much and did not wind up with as nice and accurate detector....the pinpointing on the delta is so dead on it is unreal...mine came with the 8"round coil....(I will get the bigger and smaller ones soon)...but with it right out of the box it has found me tons of coins a colonial flat button a sterling silver ring and my first silver coin last week a 44' mecury dime.....I will def get more detectors in the future but man I am tellin you I could not be happier with the delta 4000 and teknetics....this thing is so light its unreal and works on a single 9 volt....and it is crazy how long the battery will last even if its a generic battery...this machine just does not use alot of juice to provide great powerful detecting!Good luck with whatever you choose....your def doing the right thing in my opinion by coming to this site and asking ...tons of great people here that will give you great advice and then you can decide one what detector fits for what you are looking to do with it and the one that fits your budget!HH :)

recentlycured

Jun 28, 2013
The Delta has also proved itself to me in deep ground as far as 10"....I would like to get the at pro or at gold as well for its waterproof capabilities and some more reasons but if you are on a smaller budget the delta is under 280.00 and that is with extra coils and accesories...good luck whatever you decide bot are wonderful machines in my opinion.

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The delta would be the best for your price range. I have the AT Pro and if you could afford it,i'd go that route.I dig a lot 10+ with this. The indian head was 12 in and my kg11 was at 13 but thats a little bigger.

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own one and have done well with it. However, I am also upgrading to the ATP after I decided I wanted a machine better suited for hunting relics. Decide on a price range and consider what style of hunting you intend to use it for and the area you'll be hunting in. I would also take a look at the Euro Pro and the Fisher F2 with the DD coil.

Here is a good video on the Euro Pro:

Last edited:

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok sweet thanks buys but i have a ? to ur respones i live in the moutains and hills areas so would the at pro be ideal in these areas

yes even more so ... in the mountains the ground minerals change quickly .. so you want a MD with ground balance.. can you get away with out it yes but...your going to loos depth and performance ... AT pro ... the AT is for.... all terrine

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one I hate it it was good at finding cans. Thank god I upgraded to my mine lab etrac but that a lot more expensive then the garret.

davehky

Jan 3, 2007
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 garrette pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the ace 250! Found almost $700.00 in clad change, lots of silver jewelry, and a few gold! Not to mention lots of old coins! I do NOT dig much junk at all with it.You will learn the sounds of Junk Vs. Good HITS! Happy camper here with my ace 250...HH :)

webatch

Nov 4, 2012
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Compass Challenger X-80
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ACE 350 user here. I have been quite happy with the 350. As others have said, you will learn your machine what ever you choose. Once you have mastered the 350 you can tell when to dig and generally predict what your going to find. The biggest draw back in my mind is that the ACE series are not water proof like the AT's. I have had to call a few hunts due to rain. I also have some creeks I would like to hunt.

Check out Aquachigger & Nuggetnoggin videos on youtube.

I don't think I want to spend as much time in the water as those guys but its always nice to know you can. I will be upgrading to an AT Pro, but I will keep my ACE as a great backup and a buddy machine when I can drag one of my friends out into the wild.

Rings-130207.jpg Ring-130225-b.jpg

Last edited:

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if you can save just a little more cash ..I was recently in your position as well, and after VERY EXTENSIVE ! research.go with the AT PRO you will be so happy you did ...you can call Bart from Big boys hobbies .com ... he will give you the best price ...it will blow your mind how cheep he can sell the AT PRO.....take a look at my videos on youtube ..the link is at the bottom of this message ...I have dug targets 10" down .. I just dug a 1917 half dollar 10" down ...and my oldest coin ever a 1787 copper 9" down.... ..........the ACE 350 doe's not have ground balance .....you are going to miss deep targets in some ground types ..and NO target ID # ...NO tone roll..NO proportional audio ... slower recovery speed ..annoying bell tone sound ...you will be digging way more trash....some people like to dig everything .. some parks are way to trashy for me ...I like to hunt in the rain so the AT being water proof is cool to ....if you get the ACE 350 in a short time you will want more ...

Good advice :)

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro COMPADRE and Mohave
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
used mine one week. Took my 350 to the Copper Country mine dumps or Poor Rock Piles.
Was very helpful in finding copper specimens among the millions of rocks. We make a trip yearly and this was the most productive ever.
I was able to discriminate out all the small iron nails and junk except for some large iron objects that would ping.
So far so good - spent a couple hours beach hunting and found pennies.

Daryn

Apr 23, 2013
Buy the ATPro instead. You are going to quickly run out of depth and targets with the ACE and upgrade in a few months anyway. The ACE does not have a ground balance and in some areas you will have constant noise in your ears from the elements in the ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread