Ace250 must be modded!!

Kevenater

Jan 10, 2007
Cullman, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Got to use my ace250 some today. Gonna have to do some modding to it though. Most of all, I'm gonna have to figure out a way to tilt the "head" the part with the batteries and screen and all that, upward. It lies too flat on the pole!!! I can't see it very good really at the angle I hold it, without leaning back some. I'm tall so the pole is fully extended, changing the angle. I took it apart but it has two pegs that go through the pole, this is gonna make it hard to mod. Was gonna just put an angled wedge between it and the pole but that wont work with the pegs. Secondly, I can't deal with the headphone wire lol. It drove me insane, hanging on everything and tangling up with my arm. I'm either gonna have to find some kind of wireless or relocate the plug to the back of the pole as some have done. I prefer to do away with the wire altogether.(wireless) 3rd I've gotta come up with a way to light that screen up with an led or something. Anybody know where/if we can get a lighted screen? I saw a post on here somewhere other day(diff brand of detector) where somebody told somebody else that the company that made the specific detectors screen also made a lighted one that would work by just replacing the factory one. That would be awesome!!!! If not then I'll have to get an led and drill a hole into the lip that hangs over the screen. Don't look like theres enough room between the screen and the clear plastic screen guard to do anything with an led inside of the "head". Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!! Come on Khouse, lol. Thanks

OP
OP
Kevenater

Kevenater

Jan 10, 2007
Cullman, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Ok, I figured out why I was having problems seeing my screen good today. I was leaning over forward it seems. Was in some brushy territory with some low limbs, so I was leaning forward some to avoid them. I held it here in the house and could see it better. I'll just have to use it some outdoors again and see if it's still a problem overall.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you ever do your mods???? How did they turn out..Thanks, Tom

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just take the coil off and the control box and mount it to a dog....add leash and KEEP UP....lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread