What's new

Acid Test Stones, Where Can I Find A White One For Silver Testing?

AnonymousTurker

Full Member
Joined
May 2, 2014
Messages
149
Reaction score
124
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Bedford Mass
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay is a no go for me, since I refuse to use paypal. They have some on Amazon but at 15 bucks plus 5 for shipping I know there must be a better deal out there.
 
Not sure what you mean by "white stone" for silver? All test stones do the job. The appropriate acid is required for precious metals. I avoid scratch stones. They can potentially damage valuable items. That said, I did buy a "scratch kit" from Amazon for $8. It included, silver, 10k, 14k and 18k acids.
I mostly use a RS Mizar Electronic Tester though. Won't damage jewelry or coins.
Good luck
Peace
 
Not sure what you mean by "white stone" for silver? All test stones do the job. The appropriate acid is required for precious metals. I avoid scratch stones. They can potentially damage valuable items. That said, I did buy a "scratch kit" from Amazon for $8. It included, silver, 10k, 14k and 18k acids.
I mostly use a RS Mizar Electronic Tester though. Won't damage jewelry or coins.
Good luck
Peace

I have a normal black stone, it works fine for gold and platinum testing. Just when it comes to silver I have trouble making out the color changes and figured a white colored stone would make it rather easy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom