What's new

Adena points

Adena_man

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2007
Messages
883
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nicholasville, Ky
Here are a couple of Adena points that I found this past year. They have the same shape with the same tail. They are different sizes and are made from different materials. I like the little stems on them.

Thanks for looking!

Brian
 

Attachments

  • PICT0198.webp
    PICT0198.webp
    146.2 KB · Views: 334
Upvote 0
Hey Brian,

Please try again on picture looks like peligan top left?
look at this Snyder are the flints comparable?


Thanks,
Bruce
 

Attachments

  • resiz.webp
    resiz.webp
    7.5 KB · Views: 307
bruce said:
Hey Brian,

Please try again on picture looks like peligan top left?
look at this Snyder are the flints comparable?


Thanks,
Bruce

Hey Bruce, I was just comparing the two Adenas in the center of the pic. I didn't have a decent pic of just the two of them. The point in the upper left could be a pelican.

Brian
 
Brian
Some how I got pics mixed up on my reply sorry everybody.
I do'nt think I have any Adena that are like that style. Here is my
favorite Adena.
 
bruce said:
Brian
Some how I got pics mixed up on my reply sorry everybody.
I do'nt think I have any Adena that are like that style. Here is my
favorite Adena.

Hey Bruce! No problem at all. Thanks for posting!

Brian
 
Good grief didn't put the picture in before hit post.
Brian do you have any flint of the type,do you know what it is?
Bruce
 

Attachments

  • c.webp
    c.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 222
bruce said:
Good grief didn't put the picture in before hit post.
Brian do you have any flint of the type,do you know what it is?
Bruce

Very nice Adena Bruce! Possibly Ft. Payne? Not really sure on that one. Hopefully someone else can help out on it.

Good luck!

Brian
 
Hello there,
Thought post another picture these are from my 12-A-446 I
heard the larger the arrow head the older. What suppose center
is arrowhead or dartpoint thought paleo may of made bigger ones.
Know small are called dead man points because dipped in poisen
and inserted into shaft where if pulled out the flint would stay in.
 

Attachments

  • TRIANGULAR DEADMAN POINT.webp
    TRIANGULAR DEADMAN POINT.webp
    72.8 KB · Views: 211

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom