What's new

Adjusting sensitivity on my whites dfx

49er12

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2013
Messages
1,350
Reaction score
1,713
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy when I’m even close to these dam wires, It goes nuts. Being that said what’s your recommend on this machine adjust sensitivity to what and adjust anything else. Thanks
 
I know with a lot of detectors you need to adjust and tweak depending on soil conditions and many other factors.How often do you need to adjust your DFX settings? Do you have a tweaked program that you hunt with all the time. Do you stick with the stock programs mainly?
Dafont Showbox Adam4adam
 
Last edited:
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard renegah! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

tn_metal_detector.gif
2nd - You might consider jumping over to METAL DETECTING FORUM > BRANDS WHITE'S and doing a quick search - found a bunch of threads talking about Adjusting Sensitivity...
 
It’s basically when I’m close to power lines, I use hi pro setting it works good on most hunting thanks
 
Hello 49er12,

You can try lowering the A.C Sensitivity or the Pre-amp Gain (1-4 settings). If you lower the two setting too much, much depth will be lost, but you may have to forfeit depth for stability.

Good Luck!

Doc
 
Hello 49er12,

You can try lowering the A.C Sensitivity or the Pre-amp Gain (1-4 settings). If you lower the two setting too much, much depth will be lost, but you may have to forfeit depth for stability.

Good Luck!

Doc

I know with a lot of detectors you need to adjust and tweak depending on soil conditions and many other factors.How often do you need to adjust your DFX settings? Do you have a tweaked program that you hunt with all the time. Do you stick with the stock programs mainly?
 
U no what I use this hi pro option, an old timer introduced that setting choice, this machine is great with quarters but other coins as well, how often I use stock programs not much lately I like this here and the tones, this machine is still amazingly good. And as far as interfering, it only comes with power lines that I notice simply goes wacko. So that’s why I ask what 1 or 2 adjustments to make I’m no expert on anything appreciate the response
 
Thanks power lines the only thing I can tell, u say go a notch or two a.c. Sensitivity, pre amped gain
 
Thanks power lines the only thing I can tell, u say go a notch or auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solvertwo a.c. Sensitivity, pre amped gain

I know with a lot of detectors you need to adjust and tweak depending on soil conditions and many other factors.How often do you need to adjust your DFX settings? Do you have a tweaked program that you hunt with all the time. Do you stick with the stock programs mainly?
 
Amekassa12,

I adjust the machine settings to the conditions I'm hunting, usually only a few. I start with a stock program and modify as needed. I also use this method with the V3i. Just because there are many settings only few need to be adjusted for a new area. Good Luck!

Doc
 
49er12,

Yes. I run my DFX and V3i rather "hot", but lowering the AC or pre-amp down will help. I would not go below 2 on the pre-amp. Good Luck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom