cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not seeing the list of members on line at the bottom of the home page either...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is anyone else suffering lately with ads on the bottom (mostly) of the screen. Man is that getting annoying! It's so distracting seeing ad videos jumping around when you're tying to read or respond to a post.:protest:

Charter Membership is Needed to Stop them

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not seeing the list of members on line at the bottom of the home page either...

Yes, May have been Necessary To stop The Popups.

If you hit

& Scroll Down they are There

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mind the adds for equipment but I think the Hoochie adds are inappropriate! We're monitored
to keep our posts family friendly so why is having a secret married girlfriend acceptable?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mind the adds for equipment but I think the Hoochie adds are inappropriate! We're monitored
to keep our posts family friendly so why is having a secret married girlfriend acceptable?

I prefer the Girls who Never learned the word No ,
Unless the Question is "Do you Mind ?"

treasurehunter313

Apr 29, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ads are often served based on your search history... not something the admins picked. Anyone searching naughty things on your browser?

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now there are block adds inserted between members' posts. The bottom banner adds are gone for me at the moment.

treasurehunter313

Apr 29, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run my own content site that is mostly free for visitors. I serve ads on that site as a means to pay for costs as well as make money on years of work. If you enjoy using the site for free deal with the ads.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, I Didn't mind the Ads at the top & Bottom that were Part of the Page..
Not even the ones Showing women in Skimpy Clothes. (I Not a Prude, Or embarrassed by sexy Legs & Cleavage)

the pop up that was covering the bottom quarter of each page
was a Bit Too Much to Tolerate.
Seemed every time I wanted to Hit Post, The Popup was covering it.
& I'd have to scroll up To do so.or X out the ad again ..

I thought Pop Ups went out in the 90's
With the Pop-ups on-Pop ups On Pop-ups

Honestly I Don't remember seeing ads for Girlfriends ,
Just Clothing Ads

Last edited:

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All good points treasure hunter, but I don't think that's my case! It's well publicized that the advertised site
doesn't have near enough "female subscribers" to go around. I've been married to the same gal for 45 yrs,
I can't conceive how a p-stute or a sub-stute could enhance my experience. I like my life and I'm pretty
sure I'm relatively near the end of it! Why screw up now? It's about peace of mind! The hindrance is not
overwhelming in my case but why put this out there for anyone who's ever looked at provocative material,
regardless of age, or relationship status.
Like all info sources today things are allowed in just for financial considerations and not according to member
interests!

JMO!Best wishes!

treasurehunter313

Apr 29, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I understand haha. I only use the app so I luck out on not seeing any ads. I only run side bar ads on my site. I choose to avoid in text ads and pop ups to avoid bothering my visitors too much. You really don’t earn much off of them anyways.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron, not a CM issue, I'm having same issue and I'm a CM and mod. Admins are aware and working on issue.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron, not a CM issue, I'm having same issue and I'm a CM and mod. Admins are aware and working on issue.

That's what I figured TH! At the moment I am no longer seeing them, only that "blank" over the usual ad at the top.

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still getting them. The real annoying ones are the ones that pop up right in the middle of the messages your viewing. It makes the screen jump so you have to refocus back on what you are reading. This is something new in my case. A few days ago, these ads weren't there. Did something change? Please undo it if possible.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coda, admins are working on issue. Problem is keeping me from being able to upload pictures from my smartphone too.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Just had two. Issue is still present.
43E2F943-5448-49A0-8E7C-6F3FCEE32F5A.png

Last edited: