🥇 BANNER After 21 years of detecting it FINALLY happened.....1st Gold Coin!!!!

Chuck Norris

Apr 17, 2017
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus Power!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yup.....that's right.....after 21 years of detecting and digging what seems like a bazillion holes I finally popped my first gold coin!!! I won't bore you all with a long story.....I'll keep it simple....

Chuck Norris kicked the mountain's butt and took its gold....then the mountain came back for more and I took its silver too....the end

This is where I was hunting...
IMAG5383.jpg
1925-D 2 1/2 dollar Indian.....its a little worn and has a few scratches and dings but I don't care
IMAG5381.jpg
The rest of the coins from this area
IMAG5391_1.jpg
Went home and showed my wife and then my buddy called so I met him at an old school yard for a little spin.....didn't really care what I found...but found a few pesky wheats, a Buffalo nickel and a cocaine spoon...old dog tag and ball button are from the earlier woods hunt
IMAG5392_2.jpg
Got a tribe if injuns......the HARD way....just the way Chuck Norris likes it :laughing7:
IMAG5396_1.jpg

Thanks for looking guys & gals.......now get out there and go find you some

Upvote 192

jalgier

Jan 30, 2017
GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ll, XP Deus, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So jealous. Congrats. What a beauty

Capone

Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are those some type of foundations in your picture?

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
I hate it when i'm out pulltab shooting and keep digging old gold coins.. :laughing7:

Actually a very special find. Every time I see one of these Banner finds posted I want to grab my detector and try to dig Savannah up some more!

There are more, definately not the last one! 😏

More good luck to ya..

Geo

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Looks to me like someone did their research to find that site, this is why you were rewarded the 'gold medal' :award_star_gold_1: or in this case a gold coin! :laughing7:

Congratulations on receiving your first BANNER here on Treasure Net! :occasion14:

Dave

OP
OP
Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

Apr 17, 2017
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus Power!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What vdi number did your deus give you on the gold coin? Did it bounce around or stay steady?

Not sure what the numbers were in the ground, I hunt by sound and use full tones 11kHz and rarely look at the numbers but it was a solid signal that sounded like a "clean" pull tab....pull tab sound but stronger & crisper. It rings up a 64 out of the hole.....

jalgier

Jan 30, 2017
GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ll, XP Deus, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Soooo blanking cool! Congrats!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a freakin great day you had!!!! I had a 5hr hunt brought home 2lbs of canslaw and 81 cents in clad. You did a little better than me. But you my friend kicked that earth's butt. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anytime anyone pops a gold coin I can't help but think about how much someone cried and searched for their loss. What an incredible amount of money in 1925. 5 days of an average persons pay. I bet they wish metal detectors were invented then!!! Very nice score. Congrats

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
your tribe is the coolest! I love those golden chiefs more than any other of your US coins. Great job!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread