What's new

After 53 Days The Snow Finally Melted

Silvermonkey

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2013
Messages
5,606
Reaction score
13,867
Golden Thread
2
Location
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My last serious detecting outing was way back on January 17th. Then the snow came...lots of snow....that didn't melt. I was able to get out for an extended hunt yesterday for the first time in forever. The highlight of the day was a very nice 1897 Barber dime:

01.webp

After another couple of hours I came across a small silver spill:
02.webp

A three silver day was exactly what I needed to shake off my Winter blues!
05.webp

04.webp


Returning home, I was greeted by a beautiful Cooper's hawk perched in a tree over my driveway. Quite a sight.
Also pictured are the other finds for the day. Cheers and wishing all Good Hunting!
01.webp
03.webp
 
Upvote 32
Very nice finds! The heavy rain last night took care of most of the snow in my area, but the ground is still frozen. I might head into the woods this weekend to see if there's any thawed areas under the leaves. I just hit 200 pounds on my scale yesterday, so I really need to get out detecting and get into shape!
 
What a great bunch of finds - congrats !
Going by what I've found Barber Dimes with 1800's dates are a lot less common to find than ones with 1900's dates.

I feel your pain ...
January 2025 was the first entire month I was unable to get out on one single hunt due to the extreme weather.
This has never happened before in my (18) years in the hobby.
This year was even worse ... this year I was unable to get out on one single hunt for the entire months of January and February ! :BangHead:
 
Very nice finds! The heavy rain last night took care of most of the snow in my area, but the ground is still frozen. I might head into the woods this weekend to see if there's any thawed areas under the leaves. I just hit 200 pounds on my scale yesterday, so I really need to get out detecting and get into shape!
200 lbs isn't bad if you 6' 3"
But you better get digging if your 4'6"
 
My last serious detecting outing was way back on January 17th. Then the snow came...lots of snow....that didn't melt. I was able to get out for an extended hunt yesterday for the first time in forever. The highlight of the day was a very nice 1897 Barber dime:

View attachment 2247271
After another couple of hours I came across a small silver spill:
View attachment 2247272
A three silver day was exactly what I needed to shake off my Winter blues!
View attachment 2247274
View attachment 2247273

Returning home, I was greeted by a beautiful Cooper's hawk perched in a tree over my driveway. Quite a sight.
Also pictured are the other finds for the day. Cheers and wishing all Good Hunting!
View attachment 2247275View attachment 2247276
Nice first outing of the season.
Buddy just informed me today we still have 10" of frost in the ground.
 
You did outstanding :) Thank you for showing us
 
200 lbs isn't bad if you 6' 3"

I am 6'3", but I have 4 stents in my heart and had a heart attack in 2020. I weighed 198 when that happened. Changed my diet and went metal detecting almost every day for a year and got down to 167 pounds. Now I've gotten off my strict diet and my weight is right back where it was five years ago. I feel good with no chest pains in months, but I'm afraid I'm headed for another blammo if I don't get hiking in the woods soon.
 
Nice finds ... great looking Barber! Congratz!!
 
I am 6'3", but I have 4 stents in my heart and had a heart attack in 2020. I weighed 198 when that happened. Changed my diet and went metal detecting almost every day for a year and got down to 167 pounds. Now I've gotten off my strict diet and my weight is right back where it was five years ago. I feel good with no chest pains in months, but I'm afraid I'm headed for another blammo if I don't get hiking in the woods soon.
Most impressive! Just had my annual PE on Thursday. 5' 11" and 200. That adds up to a marginal ( kind'a porky) BMI. I'm maxed out in the exercise department...need to cut back more in the food and beer area. Getting older is a bitch!
 
My last serious detecting outing was way back on January 17th. Then the snow came...lots of snow....that didn't melt. I was able to get out for an extended hunt yesterday for the first time in forever. The highlight of the day was a very nice 1897 Barber dime:

View attachment 2247271
After another couple of hours I came across a small silver spill:
View attachment 2247272
A three silver day was exactly what I needed to shake off my Winter blues!
View attachment 2247274
View attachment 2247273

Returning home, I was greeted by a beautiful Cooper's hawk perched in a tree over my driveway. Quite a sight.
Also pictured are the other finds for the day. Cheers and wishing all Good Hunting!
View attachment 2247275View attachment 2247276
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom