After a lifetime of searching I found my first Silver

drodda777

Mar 13, 2009
Dave, Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-MAX
Actually I am new to the hobby. I have about 4 hours total so far with my first MD. E-Trac with X-1 probe was the weapon of choice. Today while digging some clad in the right-of-way in front on my house I had a good signal and dug a clad quarter. After putting the ground back together I went over the plug one last time to make sure I did not miss anything. I got another faint signal. so I pulled the plug back out and removed more dirt. At about 9" I pulled this dime out of the same hole. Gotta love it when a clad quarter masks the silver dime. Many firsts on this one for me as I am new and have had my machine a little over a week. 1st silver, oldest coin to date 1945-s, 1st double coin in same hole. This morning I had about a half hour while waiting for an appointment so I thought I would try out my E-trac in front of the house. I just finished Andy's book and had made some changes to the settings on the E-Trac. I dug 11 holes and reteived 11 coins and one button. But this is really the only good one for me.

SO far I am up to $4.42 in clad, one hot wheeel, a river boat token, one button, A lead ball/ bullet, and this 1945-s merc.

1945-S_merc.jpg

need to work on my close up picture taking skills. The date is not that washed out in person.

HH,

Dave

Upvote 0

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Nice going, Dave.

The E-Trac is a powerful machine. If you learn it well, it will reward you greatly!

Congrats,

CAPTN SE
Dan

PS - For closeup pics that aren't washed out looking, don't use the flash on your camera. Just natural indirect sunlight or indoor lighting.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post,

Just what we all come here to look at everyday!!

Keep @ It and HH!!!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
More to come where those were found. I am sure the pocket spills we be forthcoming. Nice job.. :thumbsup: jgas

OP
OP
drodda777

drodda777

Mar 13, 2009
Dave, Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-MAX
Thanks for the props. I replaced the picture with a new one. Still not the best but better thanks for the help on the picture.

HH,

Dave

pakid3185

Feb 2, 2009
I remember the first time I went out with my new MD ( MXT ) the ground was half frozen and cold as the dickens... I ended up finding about 35 cents that day.... a few days later in the same area I found 3 wheat's in the same hole... That was it. I had the fever..... so from now on you'll be a MD junkey.... lol..... enjoy....

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find! congrats on your first silver and oldest coin! keep it up and HH :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds,the first of zillions! I love my ETrac too, you'll get tired of digging deep holes! Yeah right!! :thumbsup:

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
Nice looking Merc there, Dave. That's one you will always remember. And you got it in your yard. How cool is that?

Congrats on a great find. And it didn't take long. The E-Trac is a great detector.

Keep up the great work. :thumbsup:

HH,

Dr. Ace
Bruce

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread