What's new

After Looking At Numbers on the Boxes

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
2,494
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
I guess I didn't do to bad yesterday. I got $170 total in hand rolls from 2 different banks yesterday while I was dumping. I ended up with 3 - 40%ers. At one bank my bionic eye zeroed in on the quarters in the teller tray. Ta Da, out came a 1942 silver quarter. Thank you nice pretty young teller. I'm sorry that you don't know what silver is.
HH, S_F :icon_jokercolor:
 
Upvote 0
Great find with the quarter.

Twice in the past few weeks I have spied a silver dime in a teller's tray. Both times when I asked for it the teller said they were hoping to save it for their husband who was a collector, or something like that. They both had the dime placed at the bottom of the tray (they take the coins from the top) so on the second time I kind of knew she was saving it for herself. They both made it sound like I could have it if I wanted though.

Both times I declined and said "go ahead and keep it". Both banks are great to me in serving my CRHing addiction, and I figured I could be the nice guy and not take the dime. Too bad they were aware of silver coins.

But I check all the time when at the bank. I find it harder to see the rims on the quarters because some of the newer ones almost like silver from a distance. I have had a couple of times where I asked for one thinking it was silver and wound up with a newer quarter.

I have scored some loose silver halves by eyeing the teller tray. I always wonder if the tellers notice me staring at the tray longer than a "normal" customer would.

Jim
 
jim4silver said:
...........Both banks are great to me in serving my CRHing addiction, and I figured I could be the nice guy and not take the dime. ...............

Twice now, I've been burned by banks despite my goodwill efforts (only come in when there are no other customers, or let all the other customers go first, be concious of my impact on their cost/transaction, educate the tellers on what to look for for themselves, etc...)

Don't put too much faith in all those goodwill gestures.
 
I just got a BU 62 Quarter from my dump bank teller.
They save silver for me.
They were probably saving those silver dimes for me, too! :tongue3:
 
TXTim said:
I just got a BU 62 Quarter from my dump bank teller.
They save silver for me.
They were probably saving those silver dimes for me, too! :tongue3:
That is some nice tellers you have. :thumbsup:
 
XX said:
jim4silver said:
...........Both banks are great to me in serving my CRHing addiction, and I figured I could be the nice guy and not take the dime. ...............

Twice now, I've been burned by banks despite my goodwill efforts (only come in when there are no other customers, or let all the other customers go first, be concious of my impact on their cost/transaction, educate the tellers on what to look for for themselves, etc...)

Don't put too much faith in all those goodwill gestures.


You're probably right. There is a saying "no good deed goes unpunished", but one of the banks I mentioned sells me boxes and I don't have an account there. There have even been times when I have bought all their boxes and their customers come in later to find them gone and get pi$$ed. This particular teller told me this and then said, "that's just how it goes" with respect to me getting the boxes instead of the others; sort of a first come, first served type of deal. So for now at least she is being cool with me.

p.s. I found a silver dime ('63) today in the reject tray of of the self-serve coin counter at my bank. This is the 3rd one I have found. Apparently this machine kicks out silver dimes. It was in great shape too, so it must the difference in weight between it and a clad dime??


Jim
 
LOL nice eagle eye :tongue3:
 
TXTim said:
I just got a BU 62 Quarter from my dump bank teller.
They save silver for me.
They were probably saving those silver dimes for me, too! :tongue3:



:3some:
 
jim4silver said:
p.s. I found a silver dime ('63) today in the reject tray of of the self-serve coin counter at my bank. This is the 3rd one I have found. Apparently this machine kicks out silver dimes. It was in great shape too, so it must the difference in weight between it and a clad dime??

Jim

http://www.coinfacts.com/dimes/roosevelt_dimes.html
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom