Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi everyone had 5 days heavy rain,it hasn't rained like this for a couple of years.i keep a note book of sites and info given to me by old timers.i went to a spot along the local creek,i hadn't tried this spot before.theres couple of different types of gold pans, i like the plastic, its lite and has lots of rifles. goldpanning is back breaking work.got some pics of find, no laughing

tinpan

Attachments

• golp004.jpg
    golp004.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 827
  • golp003.jpg
    golp003.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 816
  • golp002.jpg
    golp002.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 874
Upvote 0
Congrats on the gold! That is much more gold than I found panning. Also took several buckets home and panned through the winter months, it was fun but I found nothing. HH, Mike

We got out for the first time on Saturday... Hit a good spot and got this in 1 1/2 hours.

Attachments

• IMG_0617.jpg
    IMG_0617.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,333
hey gadget.nice spot, congrats did better than i did but you had all the extra gadgets. e.g expanding arms lol

pinpan happy hunting

Actually I've got a 21y old and a 18y old doing the digging. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

whos laughin thats a cool notebook (idea) and hey the gold beats a sharp stick in the eye....

Nice Picker Tinpan.

Congrats !

You could see those 2 huge nuggets better if those giant alien hands weren't in the picture! :o Monty

Way to go Mate! Reminds me of my time in Arizona on leave from the Marines..Down on the creek with a bunch of retired guys getting the powder with a small paint brush and small bottle of water...It was really small,but very pure! Hope to see more..

I would love to do some panning,dredging,etc. and before I leave this place I will.Actually the "Gold Fever" show was panning in some tributarie's to the Potomac River near D.C. and found some flake's with a couple picker's.It's not too far down the road.Congrat's and HH!!

Way to go!! Sound like something really fun to do.....I'll have to try that sometime! ;D

Happy Hunting,
Moon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back