What's new

After the storms a couple finds

sweetmimzim3

Full Member
Joined
May 16, 2011
Messages
163
Reaction score
155
Golden Thread
0
Location
Webster Co. Missouri
The rough plowed field was finally replowed, and I've hunted it a few times since. There hasn't been alot of new material, but I was able to find these today.
20170528_104451.webp
20170528_105456.webp
20170528_105537.webp
20170528_105605.webp
20170528_105629.webp

20170528_105827.webp
 

Attachments

  • 20170528_105802.webp
    20170528_105802.webp
    215.1 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 0
There is alot of beautiful colored material in this field.I find a bunch of odd shaped points. I think they miggt be reworked.
 
Glad you had some success! Wish I knew some farmers out in MO who might invite me to look on their property. MO is a great state!
 
Got some more whole ones out there. Hope you find them
 
The one with the double notch is a real heartbreaker it looks like it was intentionally made but the other side doesnt look like it was
 
Those are some really great finds! Again... amazing finds this weekend by a bunch of people.
 
The one with the double notch is a real heartbreaker it looks like it was intentionally made but the other side doesnt look like it was

It looks like it shattered in the firing, because the broken edge looks melted.I was wondering too if the flaking may have been damaged as well, because the notched area does look intentional. I was so excited when I found this piece. I've never found one like it before. I almost cried when I realized it was broken.
 
I hope so too, but the mud sucked up alot of material.

There is some out there you just have to go back and look again maybe many times, ha
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom