What's new

After the teller hands you the roll..

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2009
Messages
2,074
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I was wondering this in my travel from bank to bank. I always grab the roll and head out trying to get a glimpse of silver and only check them after I have pulled away from the bank (yes, crh-ing while driving). Anyone had a wreck while they drove and searched? :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0
CRH'ing while driving? Ouch... OK, maybe once at a long light...

I pile them in the trunk and mark my list with the stats (bank, take, wrapper type) and do them all at once when I get home.

Great thread. Looking forward to more results!
 
I do em right when i get out of the bank in the car......dont have enough $$ to buy a whole box let alone hop banks
 
Twice, so far have I escaped running into the STOPPED car in front of me by mere inches, or looking at it another way nearly eliminating months of potential CRH profit.
 
obediah said:
Twice, so far have I escaped running into the STOPPED car in front of me by mere inches, or looking at it another way nearly eliminating months of potential CRH profit.

Haha, I have also had some close one crh-ing while driving. Was out with my father one Saturday going from bank to bank and we both were shucking rolls and checking for silver and he started to get scared and asked me to keep my eyes on the road. Its worse than texting while driving. Ok, fixed :tongue3:
 
AGCoinHunter said:
obediah said:
Twice, so far have I escaped running into the STOPPED car in front of me by mere inches, or looking at it another way nearly eliminating months of potential CRH profit.

Haha, I have also had some close one crh-ing while driving. Was out with my father one Saturday going from bank to bank and we both were shucking rolls and checking for silver and he started to get scared and asked me to keep my eyes on the road. Its worse than texting while driving.

AGCoinHunter,

Can you please edit your post and remove the texting reference. If you don't I can see a new law banning CRH while driving. I figure the fine will be a solid roll of 90%ers.

HH,
65GT350
 
Wow, a lot of you CRH and drive. :o
 
If it's a box I wait till I get home. A few rolls I'll check where I can't be seen. Bags I'll wait till I get home. I have checked rolls while driving a few times. Not often though. Had a few close calls, mostly from the crazy drivers around here. Although I must admit I've made some quick turns upon suddenly spotting a bank. So I guess that makes me a bit of a crazy driver too.
 
If it is a roll or loose halves not alot I searched in my car where the teller can not see

DW
 
i do mostly loose so its easy to search without much trying if its rolls i duck into a dark corner outside the bank with no windows n sit down like im waiting for my ride
 
Never say the "S" word in the bank; especially out loud. In fact, never say it to anyone.

You may only post it on this forum. 8)
 
lol when i saw "s" i thought mintmark it took me a few reads i was like i educated a few tellers on proofs before but it was a clad proof
 
Even when I hit banks now and then, I've NEVER searched in the car. Try waiting till you get home and letting the anticipation build and build. Few things are that enjoyable.
 
I do like 4 of those things. I can't pick just one. But I don't rip it open in front of the teller


Golden Silver
 
I never open rolls or mention silver in the banks, and I try pretty hard not to look at the loosies that I've bought from the trays in the bank. Generally, I put them in one of the bank envelopes, and open all when I get home.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
never ever say the word silver in a bank or near bank tellers *( uh they get the shipments in their hands first) --- and never ever educate a teller (or anyone else for that matter ) about silver or proof coins ( since all you do is make competors in your area --who will go aftere the same silver as you--duh)-- if asked just say I collect em for my collection cuz I think jfk was a cool president and a missing a few that i need--so I sort thru em looking for em. :wink: :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom