What's new

Agate basin for my first point.

greaser

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2014
Messages
267
Reaction score
74
Golden Thread
0
Location
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knife for my first point.

At least from everything I am seeing that is what it is, I figure if I am off you guys will let me know. I found it with a metal detector, well I found a piece of copper junk and in the side of the hole was this. mid-northern east side of Minnesota. Needless to say I was speechless and my two friends who were out detecting with me were POed LOL this is the 4th time I have found the best find in the past 6 outings. I knew you guys would set me straight. Thanks




 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Darn nice find! Agate basin? Not sure; run your finger down both sharp edges, does the sharp edge seem to be smoother toward the base of the artifact? If not still a real nice find probably paleo or archaic.
Way to go, nice find!!!
 
Thanks Mark I will do that tonight when I get home and let you guys know tomorrow.
 
Looks likes a nice find possibly a knife .... Probably more artifacts in that area . Good luck
 
I doubt agate basin, I haven't seen one yet with a beveled edge.....but still a very nice find.
 
That is a real nice find! (s)
 
Ok sorry guys I was slacking off today and forgot to check if it was ground or not, is there any angles anyone would like pictures of tomorrow?
 
Thanks guys I am definitely going to have to check the rivers and streams now I am an avid agate picker but never thought about looking for points until now.
 
Nice knife find
 
Thanks Rock

So how about a rough estimate on age guys.
 
If I had found it here in Georgia I would say Woodland period by the flaking on it.
 
Great thanks Rock I will check that period out in my area and see what I can find out about it.
 
Ok I know this took forever to get updated sorry about that I have moved 3 times in the past month (dont ask lol). I did check out the point and it is ground about width of the penny along both sides of the base.
 
That is a nice artifact. Thanks for sharing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom