What's new

Agate basin?

Cosmo

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2013
Messages
254
Reaction score
369
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not find this personally . Was found in southern Illinois . 3 1/4 long . I'm guessing agate basin the finder is calling it a clovis.Any opinions?
 

Attachments

  • image-848081317.webp
    image-848081317.webp
    32.9 KB · Views: 177
  • image-2690201590.webp
    image-2690201590.webp
    40.6 KB · Views: 161
  • image-2739639432.webp
    image-2739639432.webp
    44 KB · Views: 153
Upvote 0
It looks like a bad attempt at a clovis, but is made from heat-altered Burlington and the dirt appears to be applied rather than acquired.
 
So your saying it's so obvious of a fake it fooled everyone who commented on it but you? I mean was everyone else just being nice to me and telling me what I wanted to hear?
 
I have no idea if they're being nice or not. I'm not speaking for everyone else, I'm speaking for me. You made a post on a public forum asking for opinions and that's exactly what I gave. From the images provided, your piece appears like a very obvious reproduction to me. Take it for what it's worth.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom