What's new

Age of button

pepperj

Diamond Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
52,284
Reaction score
207,325
Golden Thread
1
Location
Eastern Ontario Canada
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sign of getting old-I can't remember.:laughing7:
Anyways I popped this little button and I can't recall when they made these.
Extra Quality on the back.
20210509_073501.webp
20210509_073449.webp
 
Your 2-piece brass button's backmark saying " *Extra* Quality" in serifed lettering indicates it dates from sometime between the 1850s and the very-late 1800s. After then, that backmark was most often written in "plain block" lettering, and without the stars.
 

Attachments

  • marking_Serif_and_Sans-Serif_lettering-style_art-by-BigCypressHunter.webp
    marking_Serif_and_Sans-Serif_lettering-style_art-by-BigCypressHunter.webp
    2.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks TCG
I think I have only dug one other example of this type of button with the bar running across like that. Seems like the style never was a popular choice.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom