What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Age range of buckle

Nathan W

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Messages
3,460
Reaction score
10,851
Golden Thread
0
This is the super rust layered buckle I found in park woods where I’m still scouting for the homesite. I chiseled and soaked it for over a week in vinegar and wiped it down . Wanted to see an age range and that would tell me about how old that home area should be. It wasn’t on the 1914 overlay.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6448.webp
    IMG_6448.webp
    990.2 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_6619.webp
    IMG_6619.webp
    391.4 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
This is the super rust layered buckle...
tn_metal_detector.gif
If no one can identify your find - you might consider posting your pictures on RELIC HUNTING > BUCKLES for additional exposure...
teacher.gif
Until a member pipes in - I pulled this from another TN thread...

Buckles Through The Ages by Chris Marshall
NOTE: Most of the pictures referenced on TN

are found within Chris Marshall's WebSite
​




 
Upvote 1
tn_metal_detector.gif
If no one can identify your find - you might consider posting your pictures on RELIC HUNTING > BUCKLES for additional exposure...
teacher.gif
Until a member pipes in - I pulled this from another TN thread...

Buckles Through The Ages by Chris Marshall
NOTE: Most of the pictures referenced on TN

are found within Chris Marshall's WebSite
​




Thanks moderator
 
Upvote 1
Horse harness buckle. Hard to date, but maybe as early as 19th C.
 
Upvote 1
Horse harness buckle. Hard to date, but maybe as early as 19th C.
I didn’t know if the amount of rust layers could help determine . This one was super bad one of the worst I’ve found
 
Upvote 0
I didn’t know if the amount of rust layers could help determine . This one was super bad one of the worst I’ve found
Not really, rust is tough to date because it has so many variables. I find many Roman Nails & I wonder how they survive.
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom