Dec 16, 2010

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would do some research to find out what was there before the Drive In . You may find your answer there.
As to the lead the only other thing I could think of is the Lead weights that are on tires to balance them.
But I do not know why they would be coming off .

OP
OP
S

Shock6

Greenie
Dec 16, 2010
Its not tire weight s it looks like small fine size to dollar size pieces of melted chunks of lead..

ducktrapper

Nov 24, 2009
NW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 with 10" coil, Garrett Pro-pointer.
Maybe the old speaker stands (the one you pulled up next to in your car and hung on your window) had components made of lead. When those were torn out at demolition, lead chunks fell on the ground? Also the clips that were on the car-hop trays (that let you hang the food tray from your window) were sometimes made of lead.

OP
OP
S

Shock6

Greenie
Dec 16, 2010
Maybe.....I also ran into the same problem on an old ball field..it was in another state.

McDean

Greenie
Feb 14, 2011
Could you disc out those #'s? Or do goodies hit there too? (Never used explorer) sounds like a good place to hunt except for the lead...

This is off the wall but hey :icon_pirat: what if you disced everything but the lead for one whole hunt & clean a lot of it out... then go back with pattern of choice. It would time consuming but could pay off ???

Goodluck & let us know how it goes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread