Alaska Prospector Seeking South 48 Refining Partner

SnowdogAk20

May 3, 2021
Palmer, Alaska
Detector(s) used
I've used a Fisher Gold Bug II, though now I have a cheaper Garrett model.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, some of you have probably seen my other posts on the new members page.

I'll cut to the chase. If you're an experienced and capable refiner, then I need you! The big refiner in Fairbanks today, called me today to see they regret to say they won't help me refine black sands from ore I'm working with. Lee said he requires the percentage to be 50%! Which immediately (to me) didn't pass the proverbial smell test. If for instance you are doing a placer cleanup, and leave enough gold in the black sands to equal 50%, there is a big problem in what you're doing! He said he'd have to, and I quote, "run the ball mill for a little while, and use some chemicals before putting in furnace." Am I wrong in thinking that is the business of "refining"? It's 9.01 ounces I sent them (to Fairbanks branch as recommended by Eagle River branch), it assayed at nearly 18% Au at the Eagle River branch. So around $2800 in today's prices. I kept back about 4.6 grams to test myself to further corroborate the X-ray test. My test wasn't perfect, I have limited set up, but it supports the X-ray assay. I have pics, I don't want to post here because the uploader seems buggy.
On my end I am able to crush and get down to 60 - 100 mesh, and further get out the really bad stuff. Which tested at 0% at the refiner. If someone wants a lucrative partnership, this came from a 200 ton pile in a undisclosed public locale, and we can have a profitable relationship. Here in Alaska, we lack particular things to make proper flux, nonetheless the flux I made awhile back seems to be working. The problem being that I don't have proper furnace. I'm using a Map blow torch. The last one just a bit ago made bigger gold flakes! So, with full smelt I'm sure it'd be fine.
I need to turn this over and get more naturally. If you are a refiner and want to know more, pm me here on the Tnet forum. I'll email you pics and whatever else you need. When my material gets back from Fairbanks presumably on Monday, then I can forward on. However I do need some assurance you won't be running off with it. We can talk it over.

Let's talk! PM me.

Last edited:

JessePatel

May 12, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Klondike Gold Rush was a migration by an estimated 100,000 prospectors to the Klondike Jack London, later a famous American writer, left to seek for gold but made his money during the rush mostly by working for There were a few more trails established during 1898 from South-east Alaska to the Yukon River.
how to download imessage on windows 10

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You're in Palmer Alaska-there are many refiners in the State-yet you have your shingle out looking for a refiner in the lower 48 or another country.
You can't get it refined in Alaska? What makes it viable to have someone 1-000's of miles away refine it profitable?
So what's the game here-you need a refiner-looking for $$$-gee where is the yellow pages under refiners?
Shipping to anywhere would negate the value of anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread