What's new

Alaskan Nugget 2006

cream43

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
47
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
This is my first nugget ever! It weighed in at 4.78 oz and was found at Ganes Creek in August 2006. I found two others on that trip, a .47oz and .24oz. My detector is a White's MXT.
 

Attachments

  • PB080074.webp
    PB080074.webp
    20 KB · Views: 3,057
Upvote 0
No I haven't tried panning for gold, although it is said that every stream in Alaska has gold in it. I am planning to spend two weeks in the bush detecting for nuggets at Ganes Creek again this year. You can see our group picture (I'm the tall one right center) by going to Clark/Wiltz mining web site, lots more nugget pic's there also. ;) :)
 
They say Ganes creek is THE place for nugs like this one! It looks like they are right. It is a goal of mine to get up that way and do some prospecting for sure!
You have a definite beauty there. I have been prospecting for years and never found anything even CLOSE to that!!!
Wonderful job!
~Nash~
 
Sweet find! Motor on!

Red Thunder
 
Now that is a whopper, wow,,, very beautiful nugget,
Happy Hunting
Eddy
 
Awesome , Cream.! Is it difficult, legally , to prospect in Alaska??
....I think alot of people are suddenly considering going...LOL....Joe
 
No its not difficult, there are several spots open to the public and GPAA has a spot at Mills Creek. However, the access to tailing piles with the potential for large nuggets is very limited. There are 2 pay to mine operations that give this opportunity. I found this one at Ganes Creek (online google Clark/Wiltz mining) The other good spot is Moore Creek (online also). Tailings can be found near the road in the Chicken, Ak area and spots close to Fairbanks. Do your homework as Alaska can bite you in many ways, namely Grizzly, mosquito and your pocketbook, not to mention flooding streams and bad off roads, besides that its a great big adventurous place that is hard to leave.
 
cream43 said:
...besides that its a great big adventurous place that is hard to leave.

I heard the Salmon and Steelhead fishing is out of this world, but you practically have to wear a mosquito net just to make one cast.
 
Yup Buscadero that me on the home page, tall guy on the right. ;D
 
:o Website says Largest Nugget ever found @ Ganes Creek was 122 oz. OMG! Must be the size of a Softball!

Joe
 
What a nice chunk of color !!!!!!! Next time find one BIGGER !!! ;)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom