All Hell Broke Loose This Morning Highbanking.......

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
april1.jpg

Terror on the North Saskatchewan River this morning. Met at a spot with my buddy. He had to leave to pick up a part and returned, just as all hell broke loose. I managed to get set up, and even highbank for an hour. I stopped, and was just going to unplug my battery to run my pump, when my Le'Trap started turning on it's own, while at the same time my legs were being pushed up the bank. A huge ice flow decided to push itself up the river bank, covering my gravel bar. I heaved on my highbanker and it flipped on it's side to save it. My bilge pump was downstream another 10 feet, and my tailings square bucket was squeezed in half. My buddy was busy hauling his equipment up the bank to save it. I had to dig out my pump hose out of the settled ice flow. All in all, we were so lucky! No one go hurt and all our equipment was recovered undamaged. I think I did lose some gold when I grabbed my highbanker and it went on it's side. Below is what I saved. Another great adventure on the North Saskatchewan River!🥶

april1a.jpg

PickAxeCA

Nov 1, 2018
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Detector(s) used
Barely a weekend warrior. Hard rock + placer together = a more complete sampling picture for AU.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Be careful out there folks! Some areas, particularly in the Pacific Northwest, have experienced historic 100+ year flood events. Slopes could be destabilizied, and who knows what spring freshet will bring this year. Heavy pans to all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread