All metal mode unmasked coins

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never seemed to have luck in the all metals mode with my f75 since I've owned it. Today I wanted to try again with some new advice from a forum member. He claims the all metal mode on these machines have great unmasking capabilities. I'm starting to believe it. I gridded this side yard of a mid 1800''s farm house a couple months ago with only finding modern coins and getting rather disgusted from the lack of older goodies. Today, I went in with a good attitude and took my time and tried to really focus in on the signals. Both of these coins gave very jumpy VDI feedback......but it was a very consistent sequence of numbers, and they sounded good and tight. Was kinda in a rough patch lately with lack of finds, so this was needed! The largie is a little crusty but I believe its an 1825, and the rosie is a 1951. Also dug a nice and green 1917 wheatie, and some clad dimes....and a quarter. Thanks for looking, and keep on swinging! 20170709_134933.jpg20170709_134946.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 24
Doing more staring, and research I've found out the large cent is actually a big "8" 1835 with small stars. I guess there were a few different configurations in 35, and 36. Pretty neat.

Congratualtions on the old copper! :occasion14:

Nice recoveries. While using my Minelab Explorer II I was usually set in "conductive" mode. I tried switching to "ferrous" mode on some hunted out sights of mine and made some excellent recoveries I missed in conductive mode. It pays to switch things up a bit on hunted out sights. Way to tweak those settings and learn even more about a really nice machine.:icon_thumleft:

Nice recoveries. While using my Minelab Explorer II I was usually set in "conductive" mode. I tried switching to "ferrous" mode on some hunted out sights of mine and made some excellent recoveries I missed in conductive mode. It pays to switch things up a bit on hunted out sights. Way to tweak those settings and learn even more about a really nice machine.:icon_thumleft:

Thanks! I've always been intrigued by the minelab machines. They seem to sniff out the goods!

Thanks! I've always been intrigued by the minelab machines. They seem to sniff out the goods!

Yes they will get deep and love silver. My Explorer II has the Sunray X-1 probe attached and with a 10" x 14" coil it gets heavy. Also with FBS technology of multiple frequencies running simultaneously it does require you go SLOW to get more accurate readings. I will keep my old Explorer II's because that technology is still above so many other machines out there today.

I guess it is all about confidence in what you are doing, sometimes it takes a little while to gain it with a new or different method. But when you do, it is another game changer for you. congrats

Hard work and perseverance paid off- Congrats!

-- Jeff --

Hard work and perseverance paid off- Congrats!

-- Jeff --

Had that inner gut feeling I was gonna dig something good today. Usually when I get that feeling it turns out good!

Big time CongratZ!
Wish I could have been there when that first great target popped up using this new method and see your reaction.
Nothing better than the moment you realized you learned something new that can be helpful and useful now and far into the future.

Sweet Finds! Dig it Baby! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back