What's new

All metal mode with Spectrum XLT

Kenkoehn1950

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2013
Messages
94
Reaction score
71
Golden Thread
0
Location
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT, ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Everything I'm reading says that the faster the sweep in discriminate mode from the Spectrum XLT , the more depth. So if I go to all metal mode, would the opposite be true......the slower the sweep the deeper the finds?
 
I think all metal mite be non-motion
 
The answer is yes. But with a qualification: As long as you have the ratchet feature turned off. And have no other form of auto--tune on. Because if you had auto-tune going on, then you'd need subtle motion . And as for ratchet , that's an annoying feature you should have off anyways :)
 
mix mode i think you would be interested in....
 
The Spectrum XLT uses programs with preset features. The prospecting program would probably be the closest to all metal. Now you can go into advance mode and set almost anything, but it is best to confine these changes to the custom programs. The XLT is basicly designed as a fast swinger, that is it resets fast enough to pickup 'shadowed' objects. I doubt if depth is any deeper if you slow scan because the power output is the same and those electrons move awful fast. It is possible to go all metal if you use the pinpoint/depth feature. 111-1 profile.webpFrank...
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom