What's new

Almost a trifecta...but still landed a first!

frogginfish

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2012
Messages
493
Reaction score
697
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2 w/11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Driving past an older home that I've been eyeballing for sometime, I noticed the homeowner outside cleaning windows. I stop and after speaking with him shortly I gain permission to hunt his front yard.
Wasn't long before recovering my first shield nickel...1869!
I was on cloud nine after that...
Not long after that I get real faint high tone on the ATPro but no vdi. I knew it was deep so dig a deep one. About 10 inches down out pops the 1897 Barber dime! Not 10 feet away a 1942 Merc decides to grace me with its presence 3 inches down!
 

Attachments

  • 1446690068933.webp
    1446690068933.webp
    116.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 1446690088871.webp
    1446690088871.webp
    74.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 1446690101383.webp
    1446690101383.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 1446690117734.webp
    1446690117734.webp
    77.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 1446690138873.webp
    1446690138873.webp
    92 KB · Views: 88
  • 1446690160774.webp
    1446690160774.webp
    88.8 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 16
Sweet finds. Your sucess gives me the courage to go and ask for permission at some old homes in my area, something I've been too shy to do so far.
 
Not bad missing a trifecta cuz you didnt find a Rosie... Thumbs up on that everyday!!! :thumbsup:
 
Sweet finds. Your sucess gives me the courage to go and ask for permission at some old homes in my area, something I've been too shy to do so far.

You should definitely go and ask! I'm a big guy (6'5", 280lbs). I always think I'll get the big NO but I've only been denied about twice in a dozen tries.
Get out there! You'll be glad you did!
 
That's a triple winner of a hunt.
Don't worry, , with a spot like that, , I have a feeling you get a few more shots at the trifecta.
 
Beautiful Barber!! I never get tired of digging those beauties! And 90% of all my Barber stuff has come from the same method of door knocking. Cheers. Thanks for sharing.
 
Great group of coins. At first it seems a little awkward to knock on doors, but that's the way to get it done. The first 4 or 5 times are the hardest, but after that it gets easier.
 
Congrats on pulling those 3 keepers. :occasion14: I agree, permissions are the way to go. :headbang:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom