What's new

Almost got skunked on 3 1/2 hunt, but got a surprise at the end!

Gobyman

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Excal with 15" WOT
Hey All,

Beaches are definitely sanded in at CWB. Did a short 3 1/2 hour hunt, while on a break from school (1 day). Waters were very calm though (guess from the big sandbar developing) but didn't have much luck at chest high level. At waist high starting finding some clad (60 cents), so the the last half hour decided to try the waters edge along the wet sand. As I started to make my way torwards the shore from waist high got a dime tone about 2 ft from shore, so I started to dig. As I was scooping up the dime I laid my Excal off to my right (about half a foot) and got a faint signal (really deep), thought it was another dime. Took 2 scoops (really hard mix of clay and sand) to get the signal clear and on the third scoop got the ring (approx about 20 inches down) :P. Guess Surfdigger must of miss this one when he was here. Sorry for the poor pic's.

PS. Just an update on the chain and bracelet I found last week was real 10K rose gold.

HH All,
Gobyman
 

Attachments

  • DSC01730.webp
    DSC01730.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 840
  • DSC01734.webp
    DSC01734.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 828
  • DSC01735.webp
    DSC01735.webp
    9.7 KB · Views: 834
  • DSC01738.webp
    DSC01738.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 844
  • DSC01739.webp
    DSC01739.webp
    14 KB · Views: 820
  • DSC01740.webp
    DSC01740.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 824
Upvote 0
Very nice Goby :thumbsup:I am hoping to finish this job i am working on an get my new Excal this weekend,The dry sucks :laughing9:
 
Now that ring would be hard for me to part with ( that is if it fit me) I love it..excellent find.
 
Nice ring Gobyman!.....hey....and this applies especially in the water....if you miss it by an inch....you might as well have missed it by a mile.....HH....Brian
 
I would definitely be wearing that ring! and Booty, I just get them sized to fit!! lol Hope i"m as lucky today!
 
Nice 9th-inning comeback! :icon_thumright:
 
:icon_thumright:

great looking ring congrats...had to dig some for that one at 20 inches.
nice job

herb
 
Congrats on the beauty rescued from the deep. :icon_thumleft:

Glad the necklace and bracelet turned out to be gold for you. WTG
 
Sweeet ring!
I cant count the times I have set my detector down to dig a target, and have to move it because I set it down over another.... Sometimes just an inch or two can make all the difference in the world... Great job!
 
Nice one Goby... Nice meeting you down at the beach.. good luck hunting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom