What's new

Always like Character....

timekiller

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
3,853
Reaction score
966
Golden Thread
1
Location
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my last points I found I think I missed sharing with you guy's here in N/A artifacts.Kinda common here got a few pieces like this with sea shells grown to them.I use to take them off but now I leave them for the most part.
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:
 

Attachments

  • DSCN2061.webp
    DSCN2061.webp
    253.4 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCN2062.webp
    DSCN2062.webp
    205.2 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCN2063.webp
    DSCN2063.webp
    161.7 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCN2064.webp
    DSCN2064.webp
    158.8 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0
Well Pete I got to say I have never seen of found with with a sea shell or mussel attached. Very cool I would keep them on their also. Good seeing you post again!:hello:
 
I would keep it like that also if I were to find on like it. Nice!
 
Well Pete I got to say I have never seen of found with with a sea shell or mussel attached. Very cool I would keep them on their also. Good seeing you post again!:hello:
Yea finding them with oyster growth not as common as finding them with barnacle growth for me but they do show up now & then.
 
Its a first for me to see that. That's neat to see
 
Its a first for me to see that. That's neat to see
Here's ya a thumb scraper Rock. Most the rest I have that I've left on aren't as big.But they grow on everything around here.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN2065.webp
    DSCN2065.webp
    132 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCN2067.webp
    DSCN2067.webp
    103.6 KB · Views: 97
The barnacle look...
 

Attachments

  • DSCN2069.webp
    DSCN2069.webp
    209 KB · Views: 93
A little off course but nothing is safe from the growth....:sadsmiley:
 

Attachments

  • DSCN2070.webp
    DSCN2070.webp
    240.6 KB · Views: 92
i never dreamed of anything like that
thank you for all of the cool pictures

i would leave them just like that also
 
Nice artifacts timekiller. I don't think I have ever seen, or thought of, mollusks growing on artifacts before either, pretty cool.
I would leave the oysters on the artifacts too, unless it was really covering up the base of a super artifact that I just couldn't resist seeing completely, or if the oyster was still alive, then I am afraid I would have to break out the lemon, cocktail sauce, and cold beer, and have myself a little celebratory snack. HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom