am I the only african American that metal detects?

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Heck just about anyone who detects is alright with me.

I don't know, I'm still pretty annoyed about the person who dug a can from around 2 feet deep, than dropped it back in the bottom of the hole and filled it in. I saw a freshly dug hole and got a deep silver dollar signal, I dug for half and hour until I finally got out a can. I was so annoyed, now days I would know it was a can before I dug it but this happened right as I started metal detecting. I though that someone had "given up" digging a cache or some kid recently buried a jar full of coins. I was so upset after realizing that it was a can, I started looking around and seeing more already dug holes, I dug them and almost all had a pull tab at the bottom :( :( :(

NOT FUN!

beep beep dig

Aug 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've discovered that the only people who care what color people are, are the racists and bigots.

every police report ever made describing a person uses white, black, hispanic, asian, etc, so in your world every single cop is a racist and bigot. i've discovered the only people who make the point above are racists and bigots.

anyhow, welcome OP.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Topic is not racism. Please remain on topic..

Understood but why even post the original question asking about being the only African American that metal detects???? Sorry, but to me that question implied racism from the start. This thread should have been locked from day one but here we are now 164 posts later......:icon_scratch:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Understood but why even post the original question asking about being the only African American that metal detects???? Sorry, but to me that question implied racism from the start. This thread should have been locked from day one but here we are now 164 posts later......:icon_scratch:

Because it violates no rules and is not racism...

There are 4 mods here and 3 admins that stop in and none of us have an issue with it...

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Original post is a year and a half old, and OP hasn't been on TN for about 8 months. I didn't notice at 1st either.

Carry on :laughing7:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, This IS an older thread from April 2014 that popped up, and I read thru the whole thing. This is my simple minded way of thinking. I've said a few different times somewhere on T-Net, that no matter what county, state or country we are from on this planet, the one thing we all have in common is the interest/obsession of "metal detecting", and I also believe it goes beyond any race, gender, religion, profession, age, financial status, politics, language or whatever else I may have missed. Consider, if I'm out detecting and see someone else detecting, first thought from eyes to brain is, "another person detecting", (thought passes), 2nd thought," Asian woman", unusual, (thought passes), 3rd thought, "Wonder what detector she's using, and if having any luck?" (That thought sticks). It's not race or gender Etc. but Detecting. Metal Detecting for many of us is a "Down Time", meaning any responsibilities, day to day things we deal with or any thing else is put on "Hold", and for awhile we are in our own little world, and I for one kind of like it there. I would about guarantee that if a large group of people in a very large area got together with each having a detector in hand ready to hunt, we would have a great time, and could care less about color or language etc. Point is I guess is that at least here, on T-Net, what does it matter, "Only African American, only Mexican American, only middle aged White American, only American American, or only Russian living in Russia? Who cares. We have enough BS going on around us everyday, here on T-Net, we are all simply Metal Detectorist. I've gone on way to long on this, but again, this is my simple minded way of thinking. Enough, my head hurts.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
OK, This IS an older thread from April 2014 that popped up, and I read thru the whole thing. This is my simple minded way of thinking. I've said a few different times somewhere on T-Net, that no matter what county, state or country we are from on this planet, the one thing we all have in common is the interest/obsession of "metal detecting", and I also believe it goes beyond any race, gender, religion, profession, age, financial status, politics, language or whatever else I may have missed. Consider, if I'm out detecting and see someone else detecting, first thought from eyes to brain is, "another person detecting", (thought passes), 2nd thought," Asian woman", unusual, (thought passes), 3rd thought, "Wonder what detector she's using, and if having any luck?" (That thought sticks). It's not race or gender Etc. but Detecting. Metal Detecting for many of us is a "Down Time", meaning any responsibilities, day to day things we deal with or any thing else is put on "Hold", and for awhile we are in our own little world, and I for one kind of like it there. I would about guarantee that if a large group of people in a very large area got together with each having a detector in hand ready to hunt, we would have a great time, and could care less about color or language etc. Point is I guess is that at least here, on T-Net, what does it matter, "Only African American, only Mexican American, only middle aged White American, only American American, or only Russian living in Russia? Who cares. We have enough BS going on around us everyday, here on T-Net, we are all simply Metal Detectorist. I've gone on way to long on this, but again, this is my simple minded way of thinking. Enough, my head hurts.

One other thing we all have in common..black,white,red,yellow we are all PEOPLE!

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One other thing we all have in common..black,white,red,yellow we are all PEOPLE!
Yes, but not all people are good, we all know that. OK, how about this, I am a Detectorist of Human origin.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am "N.C. American".
I am not people, I be a person.
I am white, but I am very brown. Short, not a midget, tall as Spud Webb and Jose Altuve.
Not Native American, but yes I am, born in the good old US of A.

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why can't he be both? Just like I am of Portuguese dissent and American!
The only way he could be both is if he has dual citizenship between American and Africa. And needs to put America first is he calls America home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions