AM Skunked - PM Roman Lion Site - Hammered & 2 Roman Silver...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plan A targeting a cropmark turned up only 1 Roman coin, so that one is off the list. We need to keep risking these potential time wasters or we won't find any new sites like the recent one we had. We broke for lunch after 2.5 hrs & then moved to the nearby Roman Lion Site that has now been disced up since we last tried it in stubble & could only do the tyre tracks.
The field is a very long & so is the walk to the other end where most the coins are, so halfway there I decided we should turn on the machines & detect the journey. It wasn't long before I had a hammered...lol
After 2 hours 45 mins of gridding the best area that we have covered many times we had the following;

16 Roman Bronze Coins
Cru'dad got a mystery Iron tool, probably Roman, maybe a small anvil, or wedge??
Elizabeth I Penny 1584-86
Denarius of Julia Domna (Cru'dad find)
Debased Denarius of Carcalla (me)

Probably the first time we have found a Mother & Son Silver combo!

1a.JPG

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 20

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plan A targeting a cropmark turned up only 1 Roman coin, so that one is off the list. We need to keep risking these potential time wasters or we won't find any new sites like the recent one we had. We broke for lunch after 2.5 hrs & then moved to the nearby Roman Lion Site that has now been disced up since we last tried it in stubble & could only do the tyre tracks.
The field is a very long & so is the walk to the other end where most the coins are, so halfway there I decided we should turn on the machines & detect the journey. It wasn't long before I had a hammered...lol
After 2 hours 45 mins of gridding the best area that we have covered many times we had the following;

16 Roman Bronze Coins
Cru'dad got a mystery Iron tool, probably Roman, maybe a small anvil, or wedge??

View attachment 2045849 View attachment 2045850 View attachment 2045851 View attachment 2045852
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

16 Roman Bronze Coins

View attachment 2045881

View attachment 2045849 View attachment 2045850 View attachment 2045851 View attachment 2045852
AWESOME!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

16 Roman Bronze Coins

View attachment 2045881

Cru'and Cru'dad,
You're Killin it!
Great finds as usual...
I vote anvil...

Also, wanted to pass on my condolences regarding the passing of Queen Elizabeth II...my wife and I considered her to be a great leader who had a consistent integrity about her...my wife would be much more eloquent with her words but we feel the loss here...

Last edited:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cru, sometimes the condition of your finds that come out of the ground are incredible. For example, this Debased Denarius of Carcalla coin you found, after 1800 years it still looks amazing!

My condolences to England on the passing of Elizabeth II, most people here in Canada will miss here terribly. :sadsmiley:

Hope you and your Dad are both well,
Dave

Attachments

• 4-crop.JPG
    4-crop.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My condolences to England on the passing of Elizabeth II, most people here in Canada will miss here terribly. :sadsmiley:

Hope you and your Dad are both well,
Dave
Cheers.
Yes, it's all I've ever known & she is impossible to replace, & will probably stay our longest reigning Monarch forever.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread