metaldetecta

Jun 10, 2013
Michigan Troll
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro and Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know anything about value, but love your ring!:hello2: Whether you keep it or sell it, in either case you had the unique pleasure of discovering and sharing it! I sold a dug groovy custom-made gold ring this year to get cash to help a family member, despite it being my best find to date -- I took good photos of the ring first, and as it turns out, I have no regrets about selling it! I'll always recall the thrill of digging it up! :icon_thumleft: Sometimes, cash in hand is more important than keeping our finds.

Growing up in central Virginia, we'd see the excellent stone work done by the CCC who made the low stone walls along the Blue Ridge Mountains' curving Skyline Drive; Virginia CCC also built structures at the Sherando Lake swimming, camping & hiking area tucked in those lovely old mountains. So later, living here in California, I enjoyed reading up on what the CCC built here in California. Those young guys didn't earn much, but they got fed, which during the Depression was pretty much the #1 priority! :cat: Andi

I think thats the only thing I like about metal detecting is the initial shock after you find something amazing! That was very nice of you to sell your ring to help out a family member in need! I think I will keep the ring just because it is historical and I found it in my own backyard!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions