metaldetecta

Jun 10, 2013
Michigan Troll
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro and Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ccc was around from 1933 to 1942 during the Great Depression. I was digging right next to my house thinking that the hit was aluminum siding but to my surprise I dug up this beauty! I do not know anything about it and couldn't find it online. I hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• image-3212474777.jpg
    image-3212474777.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 539
Upvote 24

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats pretty cool congrats

OP
OP
metaldetecta

metaldetecta

Jun 10, 2013
Michigan Troll
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all so much, god bless ya!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice indeed, something different is always nice to find.

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
That is a great find! There was a CCC camp near me that I never got to detect. It's a big school now. Nice bit of history !

coiny

Jan 3, 2010
Houston, TX
That ring is one of the coolest things I have ever seen anyone dig up. Congrats on an awesome find! I searched the web and found other CCC rings, but none like that. I love the tree.

OP
OP
metaldetecta

metaldetecta

Jun 10, 2013
Michigan Troll
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much! Ya gotta love us history

OP
OP
metaldetecta

metaldetecta

Jun 10, 2013
Michigan Troll
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got an offer for the ring of $100, I found it very generous but I donโ€˜t think I can take the offer. I have had a great time displaying the ring but that guy is dying to have the ring. I have no idea on the value but I would like to know. Any info on the value would be appreciated. I also made a video and got an email from the CCC president (has too much personal info might edit it later so I can post)which made my day! Enjoy http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RuewxMv_sOw

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Iโ€™ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, Whiteโ€™s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, Whiteโ€™s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a really neat historical find. I would never sell it if I found something like that. In my area, it is amazing how much work they did. We have bridges and a lot of the rock work on the military post close to where I live was performed by the CCC.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Don't know anything about value, but love your ring!:hello2: Whether you keep it or sell it, in either case you had the unique pleasure of discovering and sharing it! I sold a dug groovy custom-made gold ring this year to get cash to help a family member, despite it being my best find to date -- I took good photos of the ring first, and as it turns out, I have no regrets about selling it! I'll always recall the thrill of digging it up! :icon_thumleft: Sometimes, cash in hand is more important than keeping our finds.

Growing up in central Virginia, we'd see the excellent stone work done by the CCC who made the low stone walls along the Blue Ridge Mountains' curving Skyline Drive; Virginia CCC also built structures at the Sherando Lake swimming, camping & hiking area tucked in those lovely old mountains. So later, living here in California, I enjoyed reading up on what the CCC built here in California. Those young guys didn't earn much, but they got fed, which during the Depression was pretty much the #1 priority! :cat: Andi

AGirlGetsDirty

Aug 12, 2013
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab & Whites, Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The ccc was around from 1933 to 1942 during the Great Depression. I was digging right next to my house thinking that the hit was aluminum siding but to my surprise I dug up this beauty! I do not know anything about it and couldn't find it online. I hope you enjoy!

WOW nice find!

OP
OP
metaldetecta

metaldetecta

Jun 10, 2013
Michigan Troll
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a really neat historical find. I would never sell it if I found something like that. In my area, it is amazing how much work they did. We have bridges and a lot of the rock work on the military post close to where I live was performed by the CCC.

I just decided its not for sale! I also live in an area that had the CCC around a lot and I figure that I will cherish it opposed to selling it for cheap.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread