What's new

Amazing little silver spoon

OneWetKnee

Full Member
Joined
May 26, 2013
Messages
157
Reaction score
220
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Brunswick, Canada
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My last dig of the year yielded this little silver spoon. The craftsmanship is beautiful however there is no makers mark. I'm sure Marjorie was sad when she lost it. ??? Has anyone seen one like this? or know what year it would be from?

IMG_1731.webpIMG_1727.webpIMG_1729.webpIMG_1732.webp

IMG_1743.webpIMG_1744.webpIMG_1745.webpIMG_1746.webp

IMG_1786.webpIMG_1785.webpIMG_1783.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 78
Pretty sure it's called a "baby's spoon" with that looped? handle?


All the floral in the bowl is hand done by the engraver.


no clue on just how old it could be.
 
id say late 1800s early 1900s
 
Congratz on a beautiful find!
 
CTwoods is correct... it's a baby spoon. Sterling cups were another popular baby gift, many years ago.

The hand engraving looks early 1900s to me, but I am no expert.

That is a sweet find. Congrats.
 
Sweet little spoon,congrats on your find.
 
Wow,I really enjoy seeing items like that dug ,beats seeing coins all the time.
 
Does that mean She was born with a Silver Spoon in Her mouth?:laughing7:

COOL find dude!!

GOD Bless

Chris
 
I'm with Ctwoods & Carolina tom. Looks like a baby spoon probably given to the newborn as a gift.
 
Very nice find
 
Does that mean She was born with a Silver Spoon in Her mouth?:laughing7:

COOL find dude!!

Heh I was waiting for someone to say that. It must be where the saying comes from. Casper and Tom's suggestion that its late 1800 to early 1900 fits the time period of the bottle dump near this find. i think possibly it was thrown out in an old jar. Thank you all !
 
Awesome spoon. I've found some nice ones over the yrs. But that spoon is in a league of its own

HH Jer
 
That is one of the nicest spoon I have seen in a long time[emoji2][emoji106]
 
Congrats on digging that proverbial silver spoon. :thumbsup:
 
Awesome spoon. I've found some nice ones over the yrs. But that spoon is in a league of its own

HH Jer

Thank you JerV3, Its definitely on my own personal "Banner" list lol.
 
Definitely a baby spoon Great find
 
I love the hand thats wrapped around it. Awesome spoon!
 
That's a beauty. Congrats on such a fantastic and personal find.

Best Wishes,

Buck
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom