Amazing real Rev. War Flags/$17 million

SS Garay

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2006
Fl
Not cool at all! I can't belive that our gov did not purchase such relics from our great nation's past. These relics MUST be displayed in a museum so all of us can see and cherish. Soldiers actually died violent deaths protecting these flags for our country. Not just for some super rich trump-like millionaire to display at private executive office! Sorry guys but this really pisses me off. Kind regards, Raul.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i carry the motion screw the rich bastard!!! >:(

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one important piece of information left out was whether the flags are coming to the USA, or if the buyer was a rich international. That would be doubly painful if the US Gov. let the flags go into a private collection in Abu Dhabi!

Mike

parrothead

Oct 1, 2005
Morris, Illinois
SS Garay said:
Not cool at all! I can't belive that our gov did not purchase such relics from our great nation's past. These relics MUST be displayed in a museum so all of us can see and cherish. Soldiers actually died violent deaths protecting these flags for our country. Not just for some super rich trump-like millionaire to display at private executive office! Sorry guys but this really pisses me off. Kind regards, Raul.

Yep. They should have grabbed them up.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
the way our govt works they first let rich man pay for it, THEN they seize it and lay claim...............

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gldhntr said:
the way our govt works they first let rich man pay for it, THEN they seize it and lay claim...............

Come on! You couldn't be further from the truth! This is how it works: The rich guy buys it. Finds a way to deduct the purchase price from his taxes. Loans it to a museum for display (for a small under the table honorarium$$$). He then gets another tax break for his charitable contribution. That's if he is American.

If it was the Prince of some middle-eastern oil rich nation, on whose flag is a depiction of Uncle Sam on the gallows, he would pay cash for the flags, and burn them in an Al-Queda Propaganda Video! ::) ::) :o :o Or use them to wipe his ass with!

Mike

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
you are probably right gollum, but only if he is a govt official, or ones brother, or perhaps even ones boyfriend ;).........g

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I think the government should have bought them and put them in museum for all to see. It should have been donated to the Smithsonian or other museum, that way it would definitely be put on display.

Gold_Needle

Jun 21, 2005
Time to lauch a mission and rescue the flags from the bloody british!!!

Where is Captain Bill when we need him?!!!!

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think the GOV should have the power are you people nuts!
How would you like it when they knock on your door and tell you EMINENT domain like their doing here in Connecticut and taking your beach front property! It sucks big time!
That is like saying no one can metal detect in VA anymore because the GOV't wants it. I am really tired of people trying to turn the USA into england!
And never mind you can see the flag picture right on CNN why do you need to see it in a museum? It was the persons to sell not yours. And at 17.5 million I am sure it is in a good home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions