Amazing Seated Dime

MCollett

Sep 26, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Equinox 800
Got out this afternoon with my brother to the early 1800s site we have been working for a few weeks. My brother found the incredible seated Half, a seated half dime and a nice Barber quarter two weeks ago. Well, I am waiting for my new Equinox 800 to arrive so my brother let me use his Fisher F75 with a new Nel Coil. I got a faint deep signal about 15ft from where the Seated Half came out. And about 10 inches down popped this beauty! The soil at this site is so good to these coins. Just like the half it looks brand new. First seated for me and a bucket lister for sure. 1854 O with arrows

20190331_170957.jpg20190331_171035.jpg

Also found what looks like a crusty 2 ringer

6228.jpeg

Upvote 39
Congrats MCollett! Your seated dime is immaculate. Looks like it was minted yesterday. A very special find.

Thank you everyone. I cannot wait to get out in that field again this weekend. I am going to have the coin graded. I will let you know how it turns out. I still cannot believe that beauty popped out of the ground. Hoping for a Morgan next! Ha!

Thank you everyone. I cannot wait to get out in that field again this weekend. I am going to have the coin graded. I will let you know how it turns out. I still cannot believe that beauty popped out of the ground. Hoping for a Morgan next! Ha!

Keep us posted when you have it graded, please. I dug an 1853 in the same mint luster condition in December so I'm curious.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back